Unexpected

DISCLAIMER:

Beyblade Characters = Aoki Takao
Jade Tomei = Jade-55
Plot = mysticwater

AN: Hello 2021 I bring you awkward rare!pairs and unexpected feelings~
edit// oops posted chapter 8 before i posted chap 7 on this platform. my bad

OWTF

~~~~~~~~~~~

Unexpected

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Julia... What else don't I know about?"

The deafening quiet was heavy, unbearable. Tyson could feel his stomach dropping like an anchor into the weight of the ocean of silence around them. Julia just looked away, lips pressed thin, frowning.

He tried again. "What else is Hilary keeping from me?"

A loud sigh accompanied with an even louder eye-roll. "That's only slightly more specific, Tyson."

"Fine. Do you know why Kai and my brother are always fighting about Hilary?"

"Fuck."

Tyson regretted asking that question the most. All the other questions that came after it had answers that made sense - this one though, it remained distorted among the rest.

The nearly hour long conversation that followed between the two bladers had eventually lulled into another heavy silence.

Julia was aware of a lot more information than Tyson, apparently. She told him how Hilary had lost her parents very early in high school, just a few weeks after they had met Zeo. Tyson had searched his memories of that specific time, desperate to find clues, desperate to make sense of it.

He definitely recalled a time when Hilary was sick from school for a week and no one stopped by to pick up her homework. So while this thought seemed jarring to Tyson at first, there was more than a few hints in hindsight that something was wrong. Hilary had never missed more than 3 days of classes in a row, and if she did, she certainly never missed out on homework. She was very proud of her class president status, maintaining top grades of the entire class seemingly with absolute ease.

So why didn't he notice before? Was he really that engrossed with the corrupted Beyblading world drama, to the point where he didn't even realize Hilary lost her parents? Kidnappings and evil organizations out to steal their bit beasts from mere children aside - Tyson was beginning to see Hilary had left plenty of hints over the years that followed - all without her saying it outright. So why was Julia, an outsider to the mass majority of said drama, breaking it all down for him now?

Who else knew?

And also according to Julia - (evidently she knew everything, he wasn't bitter at all) - Hilary was the one who convinced Ray and Max not to leave the Blade Breakers?

Why did Hilary bother? Why fight so hard to leave the team to Tyson, instead of taking them with her? She even convinced Kai to stay with the Blade Breakers, which seemed like a bizarre feat in itself, but Tyson knew Hilary had that strength of sway on him. If anyone could get Kai to do something, it would be her. Tyson bitterly admitted to himself that Hilary could have easily taken all of the Blade Breakers with her if she wanted to...

But still his mind found it's way back to the ugly truth he no longer wished to try and understand. He didn't want to dissect this part further - no answer would make sense or hold valid reason.