chapter six

“this-this is weird” stated Gavin, looking around before looking at me. Our eyes met as both our faces crossed a puzzled look “Wait, where's Sumo?” I asked before dashing farther into the seemingly abandoned building, only to find no traces of the dog “have you found him?” Gavin jogged to stand beside me before quickly responding to his own question “seemingly not”

I ran a hand through my (h/l)(h/c) hair, letting out a exhausted sigh before taking out my phone and checking the time. ‘It's 6:25am...everyone should be here by now’ I thought before pulling up my contact list and calling Tina. The phone rang for a while before it redirected to her voice mail “This is Tina Cheng's voicemail, I might be sleeping, working or I'm just ignoring you. Leave a message after the tone” I ended the call and sighed before looking at Gavin.

“Okay, okay, I'm callin' Chris” groaned the male before pulling out his phone and calling his partner. Nothing. “Okay, we can call one last person...” I stated before both of us sighed “Captain Fowler....” we said in unison before looking through our contacts.

“Got it, I'm callin' him” I said and pressed call. I waited for a moment before hearing the ringtone of the Captain. “His phone is here but why isn't he picking it up...?” asked Gavin before be decide to go investigate. We followed the ringing until we ended up in his office. No sight of him from the outside which was weird.

“I'm going in first”“(y/n) I'm going first”“shut it Gavin, I'm going first” I snapped back and entered it. I pressed the end call button and saw the males phone “Is that...” I began and looked at the red liquid on the phone and table “blood?...yes, it is” a familiar voice could be heard from behind us which caused both Gavin and I to turn around “you...!” I yelled, shock filling my body as I saw who stood before us. I couldn't move from the shock yet Gavin quickly pulled out his gun, aiming it at them “nice try detective Reed...but it seems you have no bullets in your weapon” the person held up the ammunition causing the detective beside me to pale. Once I regained consciousness of my body movement I quickly reached towards my gun, only to find it not on me anymore “what the-” my eyes widened before I whipped my head towards them.

“Darling, you really thought I would let you keep a gun...weapons don't suit a sweetheart like you”