~Chapter 5~

I woke up to the sound of my extremely loud alarm and jolted up my bed slightly frightened. It didn't help that I also had a dream of my accident last night and I didn't really get much sleep.

Stupid alarm, I stood up while grabbing my cane that was laying on the side of my bed. I headed to the bathroom and washed my face thinking of only one thing, college.

I have been homeschooled up until ninth grade where my parents finally decided that I had enough of homeschooling and put me in a public school. After about a year of me being in a public school my parents sadly died in a car crash leaving my aunt having to raise me. 

When I finished high school I moved out to a nice neighborhood with fairly friendly neighbors and quickly got adjusted to the place.

 Sadly that little piece of comfort and happiness wouldn't last long because soon after I got into the accident which left me temporarily blind, at least that's what the doctor said.

 Deep down I knew I was never going to gain my sight back.

I got snapped out of my thoughts with someone banging on my door. "Coming!" I shouted and quickly wiped my face with a towel. I carefully walked towards the door and unlocked it.

 "Are you Emma Neilson?" The female voice asked and I nodded. I heard her mumble something to herself but she quickly quieted down.

 "Well we are giving out pamphlet's to Woodlake University students. You know, everything you need to know about the school and other stuff." 

I felt her hand me a pamphlet as I heard her quietly walk away, I hesitantly closed the door and scoffed. How am I supposed to read this? I put the pamphlet on the kitchen counter and returned to my bedroom.

I sat on the side of my bed that was facing the window as I felt the heat from the sun beam against my skin.

 I let out  a deep breath for what was to come in a few hours. You probably guessed it by now, my doctors appointment. 

~~~

The doctor held a flashlight and pointed it in both of my eyes, first the left eye and then the right. "Well, everything looks the same." He exclaimed as I held my breath, " I don't know how to put this in a good way so I'm just going to be straightforward."

"So far there's been no improvement and like I told you before everything looks the same." I frowned, "There's-" I cut him off before he could finish his sentence and stood up from my seat. 

"I'll be going now" I bluntly said and headed out the room on the verge of tears, of course there wouldn't be any improvement. Who was I kidding? 

When I walked into my house I immediately erupted into tears, all I want is to gain my precious sight back and I will stop at nothing to do so.

When I finished my breakdown I got a call from Becca, I didn't answer the call from the first time but she was persistent and I eventually answered.

"Emma!? Did you hear!?"