1

"Come on Xiao" Paimon continues to persuade the adepti who has an unamused face. "The lanterns will look really tiny from up here. It'll be such a waste, you know? You need to come and see them from the harbor!"

Xiao's amber eyes reflected the small lanterns decorated on the inn's roof. He crosses his arms. "How many times should I repeat myself? I have no intentions of attending this trivial amusement."

Paimon's face looks offended as she flies back. "It's not just a trivial amusement!" Paimon's squeaky high voice changes into amazement. "Besides the lanterns later, there will be food stalls everywhere. We will have a chance to taste all of Liyue's delicacies! Isnt that amazing?! What do you think, Sera?"

Lumine nods, hoping to convince the vigilant yaksha. "They'll have Almond Tofu and Grilled Tiger fish"

They just have to mention Xiao's favorite dessert but that dosent mean he'll attend. All he ever do is kill, he has no place in the joy filled and vibrant festival.

"I can order Almond Tofu anytime-" Xiao cuts Lumine off when she opens her mouth.

"I'm satisfied watching from here. Nothing you will say will make me go. If all you're going to do is pursuade me, leave."

"Rude" Paimon grumbles crossing her arms. She turns to her travel buddy."I guess we can't do anything to persuade him..."

Lumine nods but she really wants Xiao to experience seeing the lanterns up close. This is her last shot. Xiao lifts a brow when the girl turns to him. "Oh Vigilant Yaksha, may you bestow your presence upon us as we travel the path from the inn to the harbor?"

Xiao makes a deep low sound. These two are slwoly getting on his nerves. If they dont stop, he might do something horrible. Why won't they leave?!

Lumine and Paimon shares a knowing look. Paimon opens her mouth, ignoring the look of gradual growing irritation on Xiao's face. "We'll leave but the path from here to the harbor is dangerous. Please escort us up to the outskirts... just the outskirts!"

Xiao finally agrees. He owes the travelers for their help. This is the least he can do even if their intention was clear as water. He walks ahead without sparing a glance at his smiling companions.

---

"We've arrived." Xiao steps one of his foot on a stone. He scans the scenery down the hill. Liyue harbor looks so magical and beautiful with lanterns glowing on the stalls. How much more if thousands are flying up the sky?

"Liyue Lantern Rite here we come!" Paimon happily flies beside Xiao to look at the harbor. Lumine steps at the adepti's free side. She looks at him. For a second, she sees a distant look of something in his eyes.

Seems like he wants to go but he's holding himself back.

"Are you sure you're not going with us?" Paimon beats Lumine asking the question.

"No." Was Xiao's short answer. Paimon and Lumine sighs at the same time. The yaksha is unshakable like steel.

"Alright, we won't force you anymore." Paimon grimly looks down. Xiao feels slight guilt but he stops himself from feeling because feelings are disgusting.

He bids his farewell with a curt nod. "Thank you for your help, Sera and Paimon. I truly appreciate it. If you are in need of help, just say my name and I'll be there"

Paimon and Lumine says their farewell as well before moving down the slope. Xiao finds himself rooted on his spot. He likes this place, it's silent and isolated but what makes it better is the overview of Liyue.

Seeing the nation he promised to protect, protected for centuries peaceful and joyful brings happiness in his heart. Xiao definitely dosent know the feeling of happiness because he never experienced it. But then, what is this warmth in his heart if it isnt happiness? That's atleast what Rex Lapis told him when he asked.