5

A month has passed since the confession. Xiao feels he doesn't deserve the happiness- a sinner who did awful things beyond saving- but Venti always says not to let his past define him, that he does deserves happiness. They are currently enjoying the sunlight on the mountaintops of Juyeun Karst.

"You haven't left Liyue, right?" Venti rolls closer to him, the bard wiggles himself into the Yaksha's arms. Xiao moves- from laying on his back to his side, he hugs Venti back resting his chin on his lover's head. "Yes, I haven't. The demonic spirits can appear anytime anywhere"

"I want to take you to Mondsadt" Venti starts, the bard already knows Xiao's answer but the Yaksha doesn't speak so he continues, hoping to persuade the pensive adeptus. "It's the Windbloom festival tomorrow. I want to show my favorite spot. We can see the whole of Mondsadt from Starsnatch Cliff, the view is amazing."

"Windbloom festival. Is that your version of Lantern Rite?" Xiao replied. Venti smiles, he expected Xiao to reject his invitation but instead, he asks more about the celebration. 'Ah, he really changed for the good. Before, he's reluctant to show interest other than his duty'

"Yes, kind of. It's a celebration to commemorate Mondstadt's freedom"

"You mean it's a celebration for you" Xiao smiles, gently squeezing Venti's body. His eyes are closed basking in the sunlight and the unfamiliar now familiar floral scent of Venti's hair. "Basically, yes" Venti laughs, arms around Xiao's body drawing patterns on his exposed back.

"So, can you go? Pretty please?"

Xiao literally feels Venti pouting against his chest. "I want to but I'm not sure. My contract with Rex Lapis states I can't leave Liyue" The adeptus feels guilty for lusting over the idea of wanting to leave Liyue- it's the first time he considers it- but Mondsadt is the land of freedom and song- the home of his beloved Barbatos.

"Didn't the old man tell you your contract is over?" Venti turns to face Xiao, the adeptus looks down at him shaking his head. The bard groans. "Ugh, he says he has good memory but he forgets to tell you something so important".

"My contract is over? Impossible. I don't think Lord Rex Lapis will terminate the agreement- as long as the fallen gods buried in Guyun thirsts for revenge"

Venti stops tracing shapes on Xiao's skin. "I met Zhongli recently. I asked about your contract and he told me he's giving you more freedom. You still need to watch over Liyue but are allowed to leave whenever you want but not for long- Ha! Damn right, you've been locked in this place for centuries. About time I show you how big the world is but let's start at Mondsadt first"

A small smile grows on Xiao's face. He's thankful that Zhongli took him in and his master is kind- he internally sends his gratitude to the geo archon. "If the lord allows it, I'll go with you"

"Great!" Venti's melodious giggles sound like music in Xiao's ears. The bard looks up "It's already dark?! Wow, we spent alot of time here today. You've seen this place a thousand of times for sure, I hope it wasn't boring for you"

"Not at all. I am happy when I am with you" Xiao clears his throat in embarrassment, flustered when Venti laughs more. The bard grabs Xiao's cheeks, turning the adeptus' flaming face to him.

"Stop squishing me" Xiao grumbles. He looks stupid as Venti assaults his cheeks, pressing it together.

"When did you get so sappy?"

"It's all your fault"

"Can't blame me~ You look cute when I get sappy" Venti sing songs, finally releasing Xiao. The adeptus rubs his cheeks, it's red the archon grips like a leech. "Are you leaving?" Xiao looks up at Venti in alarm, the bard suddenly stood up and he watches as Venti stretches letting out a big yawn.