4

It's been a while since Xiao and Venti met during the Lantern Rite. Xiao found himself helplessly falling in love with Venti. The more he spends time with the energetic bard, the more he feels troubled about this fact.

Xiao closes his eyes before leaning on the tree. The pearly moon beams showered down on him in the middle of the forest. His chest heaved up and down as sweat drops down his temple.

His karmic binds worsened while he slayed some hilichurls. He doesn't open his eyes as he started to question his situation.

'I like Venti but I'm scared I might hurt him' Xiao mused. He growls in agony as black smoke emerges from his body. Thank god Venti had some business in Mondstadt so he wasn't here to see how pathetic Xiao looked.

'I want to make him mine but I can't do that. What if my karmic binds do something bad to him? I will never forgive myself' Xiao stares into the distance. His physical pain seem to numb compared to his aching heart.

After spacing out and deciding what to do about his feelings, his karmic binds finally calms down. Xiao tiredly stands, he saw two adult geovishaps oozing with demonic aura.

'This is my retribution for eating innocent dreams and killing a-lot of living things" He waves his hand in-front of his face. His green mask materializes as he stares up at the moon. "I'm nothing but a corrupted monster who'll succumb to the darkness at any second"

"I get to be happy after a long time again. And, it's all thanks to Venti" Tears streamed down Xiao's face, basking in the consoling warmth of the moon. He's destined to suffer, like this and he will die alone and lonely.

———

It was dusk when Xiao walks his way back to Wangshu inn. He climbs the stairs, Verr Godlet greets him and he nods in acknowledgement. Xiao continues to his room he wanted to rest. He eradicated spirits from a huge area in Guili Plains, he's used to physical exhaustion but it was his first time being this mentally drained.

It's all because of a certain bard. Without noticing it, Xiao thinks of Venti again. Soft cheeks and skin the color of fine sand from Yaoguang Shoal. Xiao leans on the wooden frame of his bed, jade polearm secured in his arms. It's ridiculous, he met Venti yesterday- as always but he misses him like crazy.

Broodingly closing his eyes, Xiao imagines the bard beside him. By now, Venti would be talking a-lot and Xiao will listen. He loves hearing about the bard's adventure, Venti's not only a great singer but he's also talented with words. The archon's stories taught Xiao about the vastness of the world.

'It'll be great if I could travel with Venti' Xiao sighs but dare not say it out loud. It's fantasy that's never going to happen.

"Why are you sighing?" Xiao's eyes snaps open at the familiar voice. Amber eyes meet curious green eyes. "Venti? Didn't you say you have something important to do" The adeptus puts on a straight face, he internally scolds himself for not being vigilant. He was so busy dreaming about the person before him that he didn't feel Venti enter the room. What if it was a demon? 'Incompetent' Xiao is disappointed at himself.

"The event where I was invited to perform was cancelled" Venti sits down beside Xiao. He leaves no space between them. He then puts his head on Xiao's shoulder "Is this fine? I wanna rest for awhile, I'm tired. I encountered a nest of geovishap hatchings but I'm not one for fighting"

"Are you hurt?" Without much though Xiao grabs Venti's hands, searching for wounds. "I got scratches on my hip but that can wait" Venti closes his eyes, enjoying the warmth coming from his human pillow.