5|My Strange Addiction

J U N G K O O K

J U N G K O O K

I was sitting into the chair, and I am facing Lisa. She lied into the bed, still unconscious. I am getting worried of her now, Suddenly her friend-- the one who was left at her place--- dashed inside Lisa's hospital room.

"Lisa" she went to the other bedside. She caressed Lisa's forehead with her slim fingers, "Oh my God" I heard her speaking as she shook her head, she's holding back her tears

"This is all your fault!" I was stunned when she suddenly yelled at me, But of course I can't complain about it, It is obviously my fault why Lisa is like this.

In these past few days, She'd been showing her sweet and soft sides to me, That she cared for me, and I knew behind those actions there's a feeling. And its my fault for just ignoring her, I acted coldly and as if we are nothing.

"She wouldn't end up here only if you...." she paused

"If you only responded to her" What? I furrowed my eyebrows at her, trying to get what she really meant, "you didn't know...of course, you won't know anything! You didn't even cared for her in the first place"

That's not true

"What do you mean? What are the things that I don't know?" Instead of looking down and let my shame eat me whole, I gathered all my strength to ask her this since its really bothering me. She pursed her lips and looked down at Lisa.

Her gaze softened as she let her tear fall down from her eyes, "She's afraid" she finally confessed, I raised my eyebrows as I was glimpsing at Lisa too. "She---"

She was about to speak again when the door flung open, and the doctor who was responsible for Lisa came, "Good Morning Mr, Ms..I assume you must be Ms Manoban's friends?" she asked. We nodded our heads.

"How is my friend, doc?" Lisa's friend asked, seeming the doctor smiling, rather eased my burden feelings. "She's totally fine..."

"How can she be fine? she just fainted!"Lisa's friend might've been contented after hearing that Lisa is fine since she just nodded her head rightaway. But me? My conscience will freak out if I won't hear any reasons.

"You don't really have to worry about her so much Mr....Those are just normal signs of pregnancy" I ruffled my hair, but after I heard her explanations, as if the time stopped for a moment.

I got my unexplainable reactions over my face, as I'd been glancing at the doctor and Lisa's friend from time to time. "If you excuse me Sir...Ma'am" she left us there.

Lisa's friend stayed quiet as she'd been throwing her piercing glares at me, I've finally realized everything now.

Why Lisa have decided to leave me, she's avoiding me because of this. I just-- I didn't expect that everything would turn out like this. I wore my usual neutral expression, "This is the reason why she decided to leave Korea...you just fucking impregnant  her and she's afraid that you might not accept the kid" Her friend explained.

I watched her as she walked to grab Lisa's bag, she fished out something inside, seeing a small thing in her hand as she handed it to me...A pregnancy tester... Two lines was the thing that I can see.."You see, Lisa told me about this since last day...She told me that she will leave Korea immediately to raise the child on her own." She explained, and it made me frown for some reason.

"C-Chae?" Our attention averted to Lisa, she was slowly opening her eyes, "Lisa?" Her friend named Chae walked to her, She haven't noticed me there yet, Her friend look up at me, then Lisa followed her gaze.

That's when I saw her pained reaction once again, making her cry slowly. She feared me? "Lisa?" I called her name, I looked at her gently, I sat down on the chair once again and faced her, Her hand gripped her white blanket tightly as she was avoiding my gaze.

She's crying.

"Lisa why didn't you tell me?" I asked her, she bit her lip and hard upon her friend. I went to travel my hand into her small ones. She's trying to pull her hand back but I gripped her hand tightly but in a gentle way.

She shook her head, "I'm scared" she finally answered me, despite her sobbing state, she still managed to say it clearly. "Scared of what? that I might leave you once I will know? That I won't take my full responsibility as the father of our child?" I asked her making her cry even more.

I feel uneasy when I see her crying. "Shh.. don't cry now baby" I held her head gently before I placed it into my chest as I leaned closer to her.

"I-if you want...I- I'll abort this..I--"

"No!" I stunned her when I raised my voice. "This is just a mistake and---"

No...Whether we didn't expected this to happen, its not a right thing to abort a child..There is no way I will agree to her, Me and her will raise our kid together

"Baby I don't want you to mention about abortion anymore okay?" I shook my head in disapproval. I smiled at her, "I will take my responsibility as the father, and you will stay by my side as the mother of my child...you got me?" I asked her, at first she was contemplating. But just nodded her head right away.

"Its my mistake for not confessing to you before, before this all happened. I should've not let you go away, I should've not done that" I started confessing. "I love you Lisa" I spoke to her, and her tears started falling once again. I kissed those tears away.

"Lisa?"

She hummed in response

"Please marry me...I will never let you go anymore"

▪▪▪♡▪▪▪