Autumn's Invite

Ember walked downhill further, at a brisk paste. She turned a corner. All the homes were the same, a maroon-colored roof, A white-painted outside wall, a brown border around the windows, and a small backyard. Ember knocked on the door to 91700 Lakewood lane. It was Autumn. Vibrant Orange leaves dotted the ground.A Man opened the brown door. He had Hay yellow hair and eyes. He wore a red shirt and tan pants. "Hey Ember, how was your day at school?" Jamie asked. "The usual. Breeze faked having an arm cramp, Beta walked past me on the way home,". "How's Beta doing?" Jamie asked. "Look, He's not your Chirokanno. He's like 12. So...". "Sorry. Look I know moving in with us after his death has been tough but-". "No, look, I'm tired, I just wanna nap," Ember complained. "Oh, sure, Cara is in Her and I's room if you need her," Jamie muttered. Ember walked up a set of white carpeted stairs. She walked down a hallway suspended over the lower level of the house. She went down the hall. In front of her was a room, same with the Upper Right. But that door was closed and Labed " Autumn" with orange-colored leaves. Ember walked into her room and fell onto a  bunk bed. One that she'd once shared.

  Outside, Leaves rustled up in the wind. A Cold North breeze. Ember flopped onto the bottom bunk. She looked at the pinewood planks under the top bunk. Outside, the sound of hammering echoed. Ember drifted to sleep. Outside, Jamie hammered as he put together a bunk bed. He put a smile on his face. "Ember is gonna love this! She always wanted another Sibling besides Autumn sense Inferno left, and her sister well...". The door slid open. Outside, an Orange haired lady stepped out with an unzipped red hoodie. "Heya honey," Jamie said. She hugged him. "Hey, be careful, I might hit you with this," Jamie muttered. "It doesn't phase me at all," She replied. "Oh Cara," Jamie replied. "You like my jokes," Cara replied. "Yeah, no wonder I had Autumn with you," Jamie said as he dropped his hammer on the lawn. They went up into the bedroom.

"We're alone up here" Jamie muttered. " You know what that means," Cara muttered as she reached into her drawer. "Can the kids hear us?" Cara asked as she took a spoon out of the drawer "Nope quick shove all the Ice cream down your mouth before Autumn senses Ice cream." Jamie screamed. Suddenly, the door got slammed open. Enter: 14-year-old Autumn. She had Long Amber-colored hair down to her ankles, her cheeks dotted with freckles. She wore a  yellow long-sleeved v-necked crop top and light skin like her parents. "The doorbell rang," Autumn said barely looking up from her Mintendo Swap.

Ember, still drowsy from her nap, walked into the room. "Guys, I looked into your Pimeazon Package, and it's an Invite to...". Ember gasped. " PowerSchool! Autumn!". Autumn let out a squeal of happiness. "Your teammates: Charm, and Lucky." Ember read. "What about my opposing team and class. " Class A1. And team, Alexa, Lift and Ember...." Ember slowed down at the end. She was out of words. And Autumn Stared at the paper. " Weakling." She muttered as she summoned a green blade, followed by a Revolver in her left hand. "I'll go practice in the Shady Shack shooting range," Autumn whispered as she exited the house.

"Hopefully, she doesn't take that too hard," Cara muttered. Ember walked out the room. She walked into the massive field behind their house that dipped lower into a small lake named Nexus lake. It was off-limits. At night, It glowed an eerie white glow. The sun was setting. Daisies and California Poppies grew in the fields. Tallgrass made waves in the wind. Suddenly, Ember felt someone grab her arm. It was Beta! Chirokanno. "Yo, you shouldn't go down there," He muttered as he pulled her up. "Chill like it's 60 feet downhill," Ember complained,"Plus why are you even here?" She asked." Oh I make my rounds around here every night almost,". He replied.
"Well, see you tomorrow," Beta said as he walked back uphill.

Ember followed and Entered her home. She skipped dinner and just went to bed.  Tomorrow would be a big day.