Drunk texting

Rafael rarely went out with the squad after a long case, he normally just wants to go home and try to relax. And by relax that meant drowning himself in a bottle of his own scotch, alone.

But tonight, he wanted to see you. He wanted to see more of you. For the past two months you consumed his every thought. During trial he was far more confident with you behind him, though he was still slightly jealous of the lanky Italian detective who was able to sit next to you and take in that warm vanilla scent that you carried with you every day the entire time he was trying to convince the jury. But when it came to your testimony, he was extremely flustered and nervous though he did his best to cover that with his hand gestures and constant pacing. During the day while he was working on his next case preps he would laugh at something you scribbled onto your paperwork, and then his mind would wander to how beautiful you looked even when you had that coffee stain on the right thigh of your dress pants. At night, when he was truly alone, he would spontaneously send you a text about the case, but really he just wanted to have some type of communication with you.

Tonight he just wanted to spend time with you outside of work. But when he arrived to the bar to meet the squad, he scanned the faces of the familiar group. He almost let out a sad sigh but Sonny yelled his name and waved him over.

You just weren't feeling the whole 'let's get drunk and celebrate' thing tonight, you just wanted to spend time alone. It was something that was extremely rare lately, and you planned to take full advantage of this night. You had already picked up your carry out, you had the bottle of wine Carisi's mom bought you for your birthday. What a lovely woman, you had only met her a few times while visiting with Dominick over thanksgiving. He invited you to come with him simply because your parents were visiting your grandparents in Charlotte and you didn't have the time to go with them, so you kindly joined Sonny in his venture home. You were stuck between watching the original Scarface for the thousandth time, or watching some gross romantic drama. You looked at the bottle of whine, then the carry out, then the tv screen. FUCK IT you thought to yourself and turned on the romantic drama.

"Counselor!" Rafael turned his head from the drink in front of him only to see Carisi holding two shots in the air. "Get over here, it's shot time."

Barba couldn't remember the last time he had taken shots. FUCK IT he thought to himself. He pushed himself off of the barstool and casually walked over to the detectives sitting at the table.

"Grab a chair. And lose the jacket and tie, this isn't a business dinner Barba. This is a celebration." Fin rolled his eyes at the man before him but Rafael looked around him and did as he was told.

They were about six shots deep and Barba was definitely feeling it on top of the three glasses of scotch he had already taken in.

"Hey, so where is Y/N?" He slurred to the group.

"She said she wanted to be alone tonight. I think she's got a hot date or somethin' like that." Amanda laughed as she ran her finger over her empty shot glass.

"I doubt that Rollins, Y/N barely has time to breathe." Sonny piped up and nudged Rafael's arm. "She told me she just needed some rest, she's been dealing with a lot."

Rafael sat back in his chair, his thoughts wandering.

What if you actually did have a hot date, what if that hot date would end up lucky at the end of tonight. What if that hot date got to touch HIS girl? It was at that thought, he texted you.