42. Behind My Back

DANIELS POV

I sighed pulling the door shut. My eyes lingered on the latch just above the door handle. I clenched my jaw shut sliding the metal lock over locking the door.

I turned around marching down the hall. My hands ballet into fist as I stepped in to the elevator pushing the basement floor button. My chest rose and fell in a tight pattern as I watched the numbers count down.

The closer the elevator brought me to the basement the tighter I squeezed my finger nails into my palms. My teeth grinded together as I waited.

The doors slid apart revealing Corbyn waiting for me in the lobby. He pushed himself off the wall walking beside me as we marched down the hallway.

" He is waiting for us, " I glanced to my right at him giving a nod. His bottom lip was chapped and swollen from him picking at it.

" What is wrong with you? " I raised an eyebrow down at him rounded the corner. He shook his head keeping his eyes locked on the floor.

" It's a mess, " His eyes darted to mine as we reached the door. I stopped not reaching for the handle.

" I know. I'm taking care of it, " I gave him a reassuring nod. He drew his lip between his teeth chewing it again.

" What if you can't fix it? " His eyebrows crossed together as he kicked his feet at the ground. I paused darting my eyes to the metal handle.

" I can, " I sucked in a breath twisting the handle pulling the door open. We walk in slamming the door shut behind us. All the heads in the room snapped up to me. Luke crossed his arms over his chest narrowing his gaze at me.

" Well look who decided to show up," Dan clapped his hands together turning to face me. My eyes locked on his disgusting face and my blood boiled. My legs carried me over to him before I could even stop to think I grabbed two fist fulls of his shirt slamming him up against the closest wall. His eyes bulged out of his head as I rammed him into the wall.

" What the hell was that? " I slammed his back into the wall again. He grunted shaking his head at me.

" What are talking about? " He smirked smugly playing the innocent card. My heart raced faster as I stared into his dead eyes.

" You know what I am talking about! " I snapped shoving his shoulders back slamming his head against the wall. He groaned shooting his eyes wide open at me.

" I should be asking you what happened, " He lowered his eyes at me, " I had her and you fucked it up. " He hit my chest tilting his head to the side at me. My eyes fell on his hand on my chest. My jaw clenched shut as I grabbed his hand in mine squeezing his fingers together. He winced as I twisted his hand down, a quiet cracking noise made his mouth fly open.

" The plan was for me to help kill her, not shoot her up with drugs to fuck with her head," I lowered my voice tightening my grip on his hand. His cheeks flushed with pink as he bit back a reaction to the pain.

" The deal was you help me find her and get her to me. That's it. What I do with her is none of your concern, " He shoved my chest back making my step back a tiny inch. My chest huffed out at him holding back my boiling up anger.

" Well it just became my concern," I shook my head shoving him back into the wall.

" You stick to your end of the deal or lose your chance in Chicago, " He smiled condescendingly up at me," I think we both we know what that means for you. "

He chuckled lowly grabbing my hands in his pushing me off of him. I bite back the urge to beat his face in as I step back.

" That's what I thought. " He patted my chest letting out a breath." I can do whatever I want to her and you aren't gonna do a thing about it, " He stepped by me shoving my shoulder.