Chapter Two: I'm where now?

“You think she’ll be okay?”

“Yeah, the doctor said it was a minor wound.”

I groaned when I moved my head. Pain, so much pain. I lifted my arm to my aching head and cried out when a stabbing pain shot through my shoulder and down my whole arm. Tears pricked my eyes.

Firm hands held my arm and slowly guided it down beside me.

“Careful, you shouldn’t be moving your arm.”

The voice was deep but not too deep, a perfect pitch. Definitely male.

Was this the man from last night?! Did I get raped?! But I don’t have that after sex feeling…

I slowly opened my eyes and came face to face with beautiful brown…..eyes…wow…

“What…what happened?” I squinted against the bright light.

“You were attacked in an ally but your ok now.” the man smiled at me. My eyes adjusted to the light and I looked at him. He sat beside me on a bed. A rather comfortable bed. That wasn’t mine.

“Where am I? Who are you?!” I stared at him like a dear in the headlights. His long black hair hung over one shoulder.

He smiled at me. “I’m Ashley. I brought you back to my place to rest. I didn’t know where you lived.”

I nodded slowly, trying not to hurt myself.

“You’re Pure.”

“How do you know…?” I asked cautiously. Please don’t be a crazy stalker.

“Because I’m-

“YOU’RE ASHLEY!” I cut him off. I recognised him now. It’s my supporter.

“Yes…” he smiled.

“Oh my fishnets…” I gasped but then groaned in pain and annoyance. “Shiiittt…”

“What? Are you ok?” He came closer and examined my face.

“I’m fine. It’s just. You’re Ashley. You’re the reason I have what I have.” I told him.

“I didn’t hurt you I swear.” He put up his hands in defence.

I laughed a little but it hurt so I stopped. “No, I mean you’re the reason I have a good home to live in and proper food to eat. You saved me.” I smiled shyly then yawned.

“Get some sleep. You need to rest.” He said with no emotion on his face anymore. He stood up and left. My eyes followed him out the door.

I glanced around the room. There were multiple mirrors one wall was nearly made of one. There was a table full of hair products next to it. I look down at the bed sheets. They were zebra print.

I felt my eyes droop as I yawned again. Maybe sleeping wasn’t a bad idea.

Next time I opened my eyes it wasn’t as bright. The lights were switched off and I could move without causing much pain to my pounding head.

I slowly sat up and blink a few times in the dark. I gingerly stepped out of the bed nearly jumping when I felt how cold the floor. I padded my way to the door and edged it open. I peered out and found it opened to a small hallway. I cautiously followed the warm smell down the hall that opened up into a large living room.

A brunette head popped out from the door that led to the heavenly smell.

“Oh! You’re awake.” The girl smiled.

I nodded and stood awkwardly suddenly shy about everything. I don’t feel comfortable, like I’m intruding, violating even.

“No words?” she laughed and I replied with a shrug. “It’s kay. Come on, you’re hungry. I can tell.” She pulled me into the kitchen. It was gorgeous. She handed me a plate and pushed my out of the room to a table and sat me down.

I glanced around the table. Just me, the girl and a toddler. I looked at my plate. Oh god! Pancakes! PANCAKES! I haven’t eaten pancakes since before I left home. And that was a long time ago.

“Just let me get Ash, he’s gonna want some of these too.” The girl got up and left. She seemed nice and honest. I liked that. She didn’t look much older than me. She was short and petite. And incredibly pretty.

I looked at the toddler beside me. She looked like the girl but had bright ice blue eyes. She gave me a small wave and dug into her food.

“Stop being such a killjoy and man up.”

“Envy, do you know who she is?!”

“Yes, and you’re gonna stop being a girl about it and eat like it’s nothing.”

The voices got quieter as they came closer to the table. I acted like I didn’t hear anything and picked up my fork to start eating. I placed the food in my mouth and died. This was amazing. So many flavours exploding my senses at once. Chotlatety, doughy and just delicious.

“Oh my Ronnie Dio!” I praised. “These are amazing.”

The girl smiled. “My dad’s recipe.” Then she laughed then stopped. “OH! Yeah, I’m Envy by the way.” She smiled. “And this is Eponine, my daughter.” She put a hand on the toddlers shoulder. I offered her a smile and opened my mouth.

“I’m-

I stopped. Should I tell them my real name? They did save me. But then again.  “I’m Pure.” I forced a smile.

“That’s Ashley. But you guys already met.”

“Emm…what happened to me?” I ask looking at my lap. I’m not wearing my stage clothes.

WAIT!

I’m not wearing my stage clothes!

“What happened to my clothes!!?” I exclaimed.

“Yeah, emm…sorry but they were so ripped up that I didn’t think you’d want them.” The girl; Envy, mumbled.

I leaned back in my seat and groaned in pain. My shoulder hurts so much.

“What happened?” I asked again.

Envy looked at Ashley then at her lap. “I think Ash should explain. It’s not really for Eppi’s ears.” She picked up the baby girl and made her escape down the hall and into a room.

I looked at Ashley expectedly.

He didn’t look up from his pancakes, that, unlike everyone else was taking a long time to devour.

“Are you going to tell me or not?” I tested. I want information. I want answers. I want them now.

He sighed and sat back in his chair.

“We left the club and I lingered behind. A girl ran out from the alley crying and she ran up to me and told me that her friend was in trouble. I didn’t think about it, I ran and there you were. I won’t go into details. But long story short; I knocked out the two guys and you collapsed in my arms. Brought you back here, rang a doctor and now your sitting in that chair. And right now I can’t think of anything but how much I want to beat those guys for laying a hand on you.” He was speaking through his teeth in anger by the end.

I was shocked. Yeah, shocked sounds like the right word.

I sat there with my jaw hanging towards the table.

“Oh…” I muttered and pushed my plate away. “I…emm…better get going.” I stand and head towards the door that I hope it the door out of here. I thought meeting my saviour would be completely different to having him save my life.

“Hang on. You can’t go.”

I turned around a caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I was dressed in loose sweat pants and an oversized [American] football jersey. My hair was a nest off straw likeness and knots and my make up was smudged all over my face.

“Ugh…” I moaned.

“Yup,” Ash confirmed my thoughts.

“Em…could you drive me home?” I asked him.