beginning

It was a nice day sun shining blue sky just beautiful.

Thomas: last tour of the day. I wonder why nobody wants them.

A school bus stops in front of the museum a kid with purple hair shoots a spit ball at the tour guides head.

Luka: bullseye.

All the kids started laughing and come off the bus.

Sasha: hi super old guy!

Sanjay: a museum again?

Luka: I hate stuff.

Thomas: oh boy.

You and Mary walk down the steps towards Thomas.

Mary: it's ok Thomas we'll take them.

Thomas:Are you sure? I think these are the "detention" kids.

They shoot another spit ball at his head you and Mary giggle.

(Y/n): Don't you worry. We can handle them. You go take your break.

Thomas: thanks.

He leaves. One of the Kids shoots some spitballs but Mary and you block them with the signs. You both twirl the sign to the side that says follow me.

(Y/n): follow us kids.

The kids look at each other in surprise then follow you and Mary up the steps to the door but to their surprise, you both turn right.

Sanjay: yo! Ladies the museum door is that way.

Mary: Yes, it is, but you aren't like the other kids. Oh, no, no, no. You need to see something special. Right through that door.

Kids: huh?

Jane: your seeing things lady.

(Y/n): is she? Or are you not seeing things.

You step behind a wall with Mary next to you.

Kids: woah!

Mary: come on.

The kids follow Mary and you through the hole in the wall and down a corridor.

(Y/n): now today is November 2nd. Does anyone know why that day is so important?

Sasha: Taco Tuesday!

(Y/n): no.

Jane: Gorge yourself on Halloween candy day?

Mary: Nope. Today is the day of the dead.

Luka: wait is that like national zombie day or something?

Just then, a security guard named Guicho jumps out scaring the kids.

Guicho: You can't go this way! You will get us all in trouble. Ancient rules of the... museum administration. [You stroke his chin] Well, I suppose I could turn a blind eye, my... Dear.

You, Mary and the other kids move on but Guicho notices Sasha looking at him so he scares her off.

(Y/N): behold children the glorious beauty of Mexico!

The kids and Mary walk along the room looking at the Mexican artifacts in amazement

Jane: This place is loco.

Jane and Sanjay look at a wall with skulls on it

Sanjay: So many skulls!

Luka Ramirez: At least that part isn't lame.

Sasha climbs some steps to a big book sat the roots of a tall golden tree painted on the walls.

Sasha: What is this book?

Mary Beth: That is the Book of Life. All the world is made of stories... and all of those stories are right here. This book holds many truths. Some are actually true.

Sasha: "The battle of Cinco de Mayo"?

Luka Ramirez: Mayo! I love Mayo.

Mary Beth: And some, not so much.

Sanjay: El chupacabras, the legendary goat sucker?

Luka Ramirez: I have to get one.

(Y/N): Now, although you may doubt some of these stories... there is one thing that we know for certain. Mexico is the center of the universe. And long ago, in the center of Mexico... was the quaint little town of San Angel.

(Y/N): Now, naturally, since San Angel was the center of the universe... directly below it lay... the Land of the Remembered. A festive and magical place for those who live on in the memories of their loved ones. And below that... lies the Land of the Forgotten. The sad and lonely destination for those poor souls... who are no longer remembered. But before I can properly begin our story... you need to meet the three magical rulers of these realms.

Sasha: Who is that?

Mary Beth: That is La Muerte. She is made out of sweet sugar candy.

(Y/n): And that is (y/n) she is goes to both realms to see how everyone is doing she is also human and go to the human world without looking like a goddess but she always didn't start out like one.

Luka Ramirez: They're so pretty.

Mary Beth: They are aren't they? They both love all mankind and believes that their hearts are pure and true.

(Y/N): And that is Xibalba. That charming rascal thinks mankind is not so pure, just like him.

Sasha: He looks spooky.

(Y/n): Yes, he's made out of tar and everything icky in the whole world.

Luka Ramirez: He's so... pretty.

Jane: What about the weirdo with the beard-o?

Mary: That is the Candle Maker. He keeps everything in balance. He's made out of wax and has a beard full of clouds.

Jane: Clouds?

Mary Beth: All right. Let me show you something else. All of these wooden figures here... they represent real people in our story, just like you and me. And so, our tale begins on the day the people of Mexico call... The Day of the Dead.

We pan into a page of the book with a picture of four kids: Manolo Sanchez, Maria Posada, (y/n) Posada and Joaquin Mondragon who stand together posing

Joaquin: No retreat.

Manolo: No surrender!

Kids: wahoo!

2/22/21