Pour One Out for my Man Shino

It had been a while since I had spoken with my teammates. I'd certainly appreciate a nice, quiet afternoon for sure as spending time with Lee was anything but calming. I never thought the rambunctious childhood energy Kiba had when we were genin could be topped, except by Naruto perhaps, but Lee was always full of surprises for sure.

But he was good company, especially during times that I needed it and couldn't turn to my much too busy teammates, but now I might have finally had an opportunity to sit down with Hinata and catch up. I knew she was available at least, she was the one who invited me over, and I was looking forward to some quiet time.

Which was why I was mildly confused when I approached their apartment to find Hinata and Kiba already outside, dressed nicely and looking like they were about to go somewhere. She turned to me with a smile, "Oh, good, you're here."

I didn't like the sound of that, "I am. What's all this about?"

"Already so suspicious." She sighed, pocketing her keys, "Always gotta be analyzing things too much."

"Like either of you have room to judge." I replied, eyes shifting to Kiba, "But I can't help but get the sense that something is abnormal here."

"Sakura's inside." Hinata gestured to the apartment with her head, "And I'd like you to watch her while we go out for a while."

"I beg your pardon." I frowned; this had to be some kind of joke.

Kiba winced, maybe he wasn't privy to whatever Hinata had planned, "So, that's what you had planned?"

Planting her hands on her hips, she scowled up at me, "You've been acting weird for too long now, and you just need to talk to her already."

"Yeah, dude," Kiba gave a nod of agreement, "You owe her a talk anyways."

Well, then, that's how it was going to be, "You seriously don't expect me to just play along with your little game, right? I was hoping we'd get some time together, and I was going to talk to her, on my own time and terms."

"We can talk after we get back." Hinata's arms now crossed over her chest, "And you've had plenty of opportunities now to do this 'on your own time', but you stubbornly refuse to and it's only a detriment to you and Sakura."

"That isn't your decision to make." The more I argued with her, the more I knew I was going to lose, but that's how it normally went with her.

"Besides," she shrugged, "She needs help moving around anyways. Her leg still isn't attached so she can't really move around on her own all that much." She tilted her head slightly with an innocent look, "You aren't really going to let her be all alone without the use of her leg are you?"

This persuasive little...

Kiba looked back at the apartment, "I dunno, maybe I should go back in there and finish her leg." he then glared frustratedly, "I can't believe I haven't finished it yet- Hina I need to-"
"No, no, it's fine." I held up my hands placatingly; I see why Hinata was desperate enough to manipulate me now. Kiba needed to be away from this house for a while.

She grabbed his face in her hands trying to get him to refocus, "It's okay, it's okay, we won't be gone for long, and you guys have made plenty progress. Let's go and have a good time, okay?" He glanced back up at the apartment, and she began to pull him away, "C'mon, let's go."

"Yes, it'll be fine." If the tradeoff for me tackling this uncomfortable subject was making sure he was mentally stable, I could bear it.

Kiba finally tore his eyes from the apartment, allowing his arm to be hooked by Hinata's as she looked back to wave, "We'll be back in an hour or two! She's taking a bath right now and will probably need some help in a little bit!"