Ch. 26 - For-Realsies

"Morning grumpy~!" Yoongi groans when he hears Handong sing out from the kitchen.

He rubbed his eyes and let out a kitty-like yawn as he just sat in bed for a moment to wake up.

"Yoongi!" he hears Handing call out.

"Hmm," he hums out in response.

"I got coffee!"

Hearing that, Yoongi jumps out of bed and runs to the kitchen where he sees Handong smirking at him. There was a bag with breakfast food on the counter, their beverages right next to it.

"You up now?" she asks, Yoongi nodding his head. "Good, now go wash up and we can eat breakfast."

Yoongi and Handong sat next to each other at the island counter as they ate their breakfast from McDonald's.

"So what have you been doing now that promotions are over?" Handong inquires.

"Nothing much," he replies with a mouthful of hash brown in his mouth. "Just been doing what I've always been doing."

"So you've been at the studio."

"Exactly."

Handong only shakes her head, "You work too much."

"You may think that, but I really don't mind at all," Yoongi says. "Plus, I don't work every single time I head to the studio. I do other things."

The way Yoongi sees it, his job wasn't a job to him. He sees it as just his passion, and he has fun with it. Just like Hoseok, his studio had become his comfort place. The most comfortable place that became his second home, and he never thought of it as a workplace. Even when he has no work to do, he's always go back to the Genuis Lab to relax. Sometimes to just zone out, sometimes to just listen to music. A healing spot, a go-to resting place.

"Besides," Yoongi says. "You're the one who works too much," he tells her.

"Not as much as before," she replies. "I started hanging out with my friends more after your promotions ended. It's healing."

"You and Namjoon haven't hung out in a while too, right?" she asks.

"He's been busy with preparing for his next album," Yoongi answers.

"What about Hoseok?"

Suddenly the greasy taste of of his hash brown turned bitter in Yoongi's mouth. These days he doesn't have anyone to hang out with. Not even Hoseok, who he hasn't contacted since the music show.

And Yoongi wants to believe he's overthinking things, he always does. But it's hard to believe that when it's so obvious Hoseok was avoiding him back there.

They both felt the tension in the air grow thicker as Handong's waiting for Yoongi to answer her question.

"What about him?" Yoongi asked.

Handong frowns at him. "You both started promotions around the same time. He should be on break by now, right?"

"I don't know," Yoongi shrugs it off.

"Are things okay between you two?" she carefully asks.

"I don't know," he shrugs again. "I just- we haven't really talked in a while."

"At the music show when they were announcing the winners, he wouldn't even look at me," Yoongi explains. "I even tried to talk to him, but he just walked off stage before I could approach him."

"Really?" Handong gives him a surprised look. "And you have no clue as to why he's avoiding you?"

"No," he shakes his head.