Saving a Prince

Ship name: DNF (Dreamnotfound)
Characters: Dream and George
Story type: Fluff
SFW
(Quick A/N: This is slowly turning into just DNF oneshots so I'll try to get a different ship out soon)
-------------------------------------

George was a prince, Dream was an ordinary civilian, there wasn't much else to it.

George may have had privileges and advantages, but the amount of responsibilities he had overpowered those. The pro's and con's never really seemed even to him, he could hardly imagine what being king would be like. It wasn't a huge want of his, it never had been, he longed for the chance to be free and careless.

For the majority of George's life he was stuck inside the castle, never leaving the place without a bodyguard with him. Sure it was dangerous to leave his home, but he hated being there. Not only could he get anywhere in that huge castle without getting lost, but he could do it with his eyes closed. He even knew some secret passage ways which were fun at first, but now he knew for a fact that he'd been anywhere and everywhere.

After many years of being stuck inside with hardly any chances to leave, he decided to sneak out. There was some risk but George knew his parents would be too busy to notice anyways. He packed some things and swung a bag over his shoulder, changing into more casual yet still fashionable clothes. His goal was to blend in so he wasn't noticed, but his lack of exposure to outside of his home made it rare for people to recognize him without the fancy attire.

Once the clock hit 8 pm, he put his plan into action. It was much simpler than he'd thought, George just went downstairs and climbed out one of the windows in a spare room. When he finally stepped onto the grass outside of his castle, he breathed in the fresh air, a grin forming on his face.

It was hard not to burst out laughing, even the smallest bit of freedom felt amazing. After a few seconds he realized that he needed to get much farther from the castle to truly see his city, so he ran down a path that seemingly led farther into town. Not long after the castle was out of sight, covered by trees and taller buildings.

George caught a glimpse of what seemed to be a market out of the corner of his eye, stands set up with everyone selling different things. The marketplace was lit up by lanterns hanging up from each stand, the minor sunlight left causing the rest of the light. He walked closer and glanced around, the whole place was very aesthetically pleasing, especially to a person who's been stuck at home his whole life.

At a slow pace, he wandered, obviously having money in his bag if anything caught his eye. Everything was going well, he felt free and he had memorized where he was as well so he wasn't really lost. It was nice, cool air on his face and lanterns glowing. While he could've stayed strolling for hours in that same market, it only took a few minutes for things to change.

The prince heard chatter behind him, brushing his brown hair out of his face as he looked behind him to see who it was. There were two men behind him, who seemed to recognize him, but only vaguely. Nothing more more a few awkward seconds of eye contact later, they realized.

"That's the prince!" One of the men exclaimed, causing almost the whole market to look at George. Everyone was shocked but not many people cared. There were a dozen or so people who seemed interested on what he was doing though, and their way of conveying that was by chasing him. Seeing people's attempt to follow him made him turn around and run, this also made said followers speed up.

The once peaceful marketplace was much less peaceful now with a whole group of people running across it. Luckily George discovered the marketplace was quite huge so he was able to run for quite a while. Not long after running, he felt himself collide with a much taller man. "Ah sorry sir-" George mumbled, just wanting to keep running as he heard the footsteps of those chasing him behind him.