10. A Date With The Prince.

The next day came in an instant, and I was immediately woken up by an entourage of maids. I was getting used to this being my normal wake up call, though today, instead of a dress, I was put into a pair of trousers, perfectly equipped for my horseback riding date later.

I couldn't help but feel nervous for my date with Prince Nagito, wondering exactly what he had in store for us. I had never rode a horse before, as our family could never afford to buy one. Nevertheless, I let the mixture of excitement and anxiety fester within me as I headed to breakfast.

The meal passed by uneventfully, but that did not stop Prince Nagito from finding a way to embarrass me. As everyone finished up, the prince stood up suddenly, alerting all of the other girls at the table.

"Lady (y/n), are you ready for our date?" The prince asked, eliciting a sea of shocked whispers and gasps from the remaining girls. Prince Hajime turned his gaze to me as well, a concerned look on his face.

"Yes, your majesty," I replied meekly, rising from the table as well. I tried to ignore the pairs of eyes stuck upon me as I followed the prince out of the dining hall, leaving Prince Hajime and the rest of the girls in doing so.

"Your majesty... that was a little embarrassing to me," I murmured to him as we walked down the marble hallway together, keeping my gaze on my feet as I spoke.

The prince let out a small chuckle. "My apologies, lady (y/n). I did not mean to embarrass you... I simply wanted all of the other girls to know that you were mine for today."

I felt my cheeks heat up at his words, but I kept my gaze away from him. I didn't say another word to him as we ended up strolling outside, before entering the stables outside of the castle.

Once we arrived, I could hardly believe my eyes. Inside of the unassuming building were dozens of well groomed horses, many of which were being tended to by guards and servants. The prince led me to the corner of the stable, at which stood a white horse and a black horse next to one another.

"This is Elizabeth," the prince stated, stroking the face of the white horse, who seemed to welcome his touch. "Oh heavens, lady (y/n), I completely forgot to ask. Have you ever rode a horse before?"

"No, your majesty," I simply replied, staring into the eyes of the white horse. I then turned my gaze to the black horse, who I assumed to belong to Prince Hajime. The horse seemed rather down in the dumps, averting its gaze from me.

"Well, it would be improper for me to make a lady such as you ride on Dahlia by yourself," the prince replied, gesturing towards the black horse. "How about you ride on Elizabeth with me?"

I hesitantly agreed, and before I knew it, The prince hoisted me up onto the horse, allowing for me to hold onto his back. I felt my stomach churn as we slowly trotted out of the stable together, not used to being so high off of the ground. And what if I fell off?

The prince seemed to be able to sense my anxiety. "My lady, please do not worry. You are in safe hands, and I will not let anything happen to you," he assured me, looking back to me with a small smile on his face.

"Thank you," I murmured in response. Before I could offer any other words, the prince pulled on the reins of Elizabeth, and we were off.

I clutched tightly to his chest as we rode, trying to maintain my composure as we took off into the nearby forest on castle grounds.

"Where are we going?" I asked the prince, though I was worried my voice was drowned out by the sound of the horse's hooves.

"You will see, my dear," the prince replied, which only served to worsen my anxiety. I closed my eyes and clutched on to him tightly, hoping for this ride to go by smoothly and quickly.