01 | maybe

Hey guys, I just wanna give you a heads up and tell you that you will know that when anyone in this book has a flashback, I will  use some type of border like the one below

Hey guys, I just wanna give you a heads up and tell you that you will know that when anyone in this book has a flashback, I will use some type of border like the one below. If I change it, I will let you know. (and there might be times when I don't put anything for a reason.)Back to the story! ;)

WARNING: SUICIDAL THOUGHT! DONT READ IF THIS TRIGGERS YOU!

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

- 𝐦 𝐚 𝐲 𝐛 𝐞 -

     "𝑾𝑯𝑬𝑵 𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑹 you are running, make sure you know who you're running from and what your running too. Always check your surroundings and don't be careless. If you see someone behind you, take corners and force yourself to run."

His words are screaming in my mind and I can't help but listen. His voice, his words, his ways, are all embedded into my brain.

Looking back for a quick second I find one of his men, Angelo coming to me. Fast.

Taking a quick turn I find myself heading towards a road. Freedom. It's the only thing I can think of. So I focus on that to will myself to go faster.

"Aaliyah, stop!" I here him yelling. And face the wrath of him? No.

Angelo was different. He was one of the best and he knew it, but he taught you to be better than him. He always tried to keep me from what I had to endure and he always came to bandage my wounds. He's what kept me from believing all men are bad.

★━━━━━━━━

"Can I kiss you?" He whispers and I cant help but gasp.

'Why would he want to touch something that's broken, useless even?' That was the first thought that came to mind because of all the shit I've been through. Surprisingly, I nodded at him, giving him permission. I was curious, wanting to know what it was like to kiss someone willingly.