Travel

Preparing to go to Risembool, we were sitting inside the train. All was quiet until a knock sounded at the window. We look over and see Maes Hughes.

"Hey," his voice is slightly audible through the window.

"Lieutenant Colonel?" Ed asks while he opens the window.

"The folks at the Eastern Command Center are too busy to make it down here. So, I came to see you off instead," Hughes smiles slightly.

"Great. But would you mind telling me... What the Majors doing here?"

Armstrong sparkles as he sits quietly.

"Well, for protection," Hughes states. "What would happen if Scar came after you again? Your in no shape for a fight now Ed," Ed grips his shoulder as Hughes speaks. I look down slightly and bite my lip. I would be able to protect Ed and Al if I was as strong as them.

"The Majors here to help," he continues. "Just try to grin and bear it."

"Children are so stubborn," Armstrong finally speaks.

"Hey shut up," Ed shouts. "I'm not a child!"

"Yes you are," I look away as he yells at me. I smirk.

"Anyways," he looks towards the Major. "Are you sure Al made it on board?"

"Of course. I thought he might get lonely without some company," Armstrong places a hand under his chin and sparkles.

Apparently, there are sheep on this train. So, Armstrong sent him there in with the sheep since he's in a box due to the damage Scar did.

"My brother isn't some kind of farm animal!"

"He isn't, but you seem to be," he looks over at me and glares. I stick my tongue out and smirk once more.

The train whistle blows, meaning that we're about to leave the station. "Oh...its time. Okay, you guys have a safe trip."

Maes salutes us," Stop in and give me a shout out next time time you make it to Central."

We salute back and say our farewell.

~~~*

Along the trip, Ed falls asleep like he usually does. I on the other hand, secretly go to talk to Al. Yet, come back when we make stops.

On a certain stop, Armstrong quickly rushed to see out the window, disturbing and surprising a yawning, awakened, Ed.

"Doctor Marcoh?" He questions, calling out for someone outside. "Doctor Marcoh, that is you, isn't it?"

The man turns back and looks towards us with wide eyes, "It's me! Alex Louis Armstrong from Central."

The man runs away quickly with his bag. Quickly getting away from us.

"Friend of yours?" Ed asks.

"He's from Central," answers Armstrong. "A talented State Alchemist. He was researching into possible medical applications of alchemy. But after the Ishvalin Civil War, he went missing. Just disappeared."

My face shows a look of confusion and curiosity. I look over at Ed and see that face he always makes when he wants to do something.

"Let's go," Ed runs down the train. "Guy like this doctor might know some useful things about bio-alchemy."

I stand up, yet slightly falter as my ankle is still slightly hurt from the battle. I walk as fast as I can while I limper. I make small whimpers of pain, yet continue walking fast.