Chapter 10: If The Bestie Swears On God, Surely Trust Can Be Solidified

It's always "Where is the DNF update" but never "how is the 23K-word update on your other DreamSMP story that has a regular reader-count of fifteen people" 🥲

I see y'all's priorities loud and clear- all 18,000+ of you.

.....

I feel like I've walked into an inescapable limbo by writing this lmao

Thanks for continuing to read

Enjoy I suppose

It was completely crazy.

Such an occurrence was entirely unimaginable.

He was out of his mind.

And yet, Dream didn't care.

At that moment, he had the 'Spirit' sailing right towards the nearest safe port, which was haphazardly proxy to the Antarctic Empire.

The location didn't matter too much, though.

If George wanted to experience land, he might as well, right? And as soon as possible, right?

It looked as if the sea-prince would be staying with them still for a while longer, anyway.

Breathing the salty air, Dream weighed his actions half-heartedly and the outcomes they provided him with even less attention. Reflecting on whatever he did and still going along with his original plans was a large habit of his, and reconsideration was becoming increasingly redundant. If he was going to bend to the mermaid's will under the guise of making him feel comfortable or try and get to the bottom of this whole mystery, there were better ways than going out of HIS way to give in to most of George's requests.

They obviously still needed information, and George was being really cryptic about what he told Dream. He still had yet to admit to taking the ships, or to being honest about what happened to the people on them. That was fine enough, as long as baby steps were being taken to get there.

Dream just didn't want to get shut down and out again.

So, here he was, looking like he needed some time in the loony bin as he traveled towards the very thing the prince wanted in exchange for his bits of help.

It was worth it, right?

"Well, well," a familiar voice whistled at his side. "If it isn't the zoophile himself."

....Alright, maybe not that worth it.

"You have to appreciate the duality of a man," Sapnap leaned his back against the rails of the bow, right next to Dream. "First, he shuts down all concerns of his crew and gets his first mate to be the bad guy by backing him up. How does this handsome and under-appreciated first mate successfully back him up? He forces and bribes unconditional support out of everyone, only for the fish-fetishizer to then turn around and change his mind, all because some saltwater royalty asked him to."

"...I didn't change my mind," Dream exhaled coolly. "This is a game of trust, and I intend to win."

"Newsflash: You're losing," Sapnap rolled his eyes. "And the evidence is getting some much-needed Vitamin D on the deck right now."

Sparing a glance, Dream betrayed his nonchalant image and snuck a peek at the aforementioned subject. George was out in his barrel still, now moved away from the side of the ship to the middle of the deck. Some crew members were killing about, securing ropes or carefully maintaining other aspects of the ship, but their attention would occasionally drift to the center of the 'Sprit'. They made sure to give a few meters' radius between themselves and Prince George's barrel, but had no qualms about silent staring as they went about their business.