ancient china

In this current life, we children have so many things that children in ancient times did not have. Ever just wonder how children lived their lives in early China? During the Tang Dynasty, Children had it different than we have. children had different freedoms, played with different things, and lived in much different In ancient China back then, it was hard to afford a child. the birth of a boy was more mattering than the birth of a girl.  If a girl was yielded in a poor family, it was likely that girl would be exchanged as a servant in a wealthy family, even though kids in ancient china were always loved. Not to mention that If a child were to be given away it was not because the family did not care for them a child was only given away because the child's family could not afford to feed them nor give the child what they needed to live a robust and, healthy life. 

A lot of times, under these circumstances, these kids were housed with close relatives, everyone in the same place. During the Tang times, these houses had baths, heaters, and many other good furniture that not many households could have. Each household had a shrine that was there so they could all worship and thank their ancestors. Kids in ancient China also had toys to play with. The Chinese enjoyed toys that made noise. They would play with puppets, marbles, small carved animal figures, and they even used musical instruments as toys. For instance, they used bamboo flutes along with whistles and colorful reed pipes.  In addition to that, boys would play with sords, while the girls enjoyed time playing with dolls.  In the same fashion, the Chinese were fascinated with a game we now call Chinese Checkers.  

For the kids in ancient China, people never exactly had the privilege to choose what they wanted to do. Your place in life was always decided, left with no way to change it.  Your future was not a choice. In almost all families, boys were influenced by their fathers to work at the same job their fathers did. At the same time, if boys did not want to follow in their father's footsteps, pheasant boys were able to join the military, but that is it. Not only do boys have little freedom on what they want to do, but girls were also always taught by their mothers how to become good wives and mothers. The Chinese always had it easy for boys, with this in mind, for schools, boys were able to get their education for free. On the other hand, girls, from rich or poor families could not attend school.  They did not allow it. Some girls could receive their education from home, but even in that matter, it was rare. The ancient Chinese believed that education towards girls was just a waste of time because their certain beliefs included thinking that a woman's opinion did not matter. In ancient China, a girl's only future was to get married and have kids of her own.  This is because without education no girls knew how to read and write, so they could not enter government service because they would just fail the exam.

food was different for kids in acient china. It was kinda similar to the food we eat today.  They would eat some fish or meat along with many vegetables. They would serve rice and noodles as well. They ate duck and turtle, eggs, and wild game.  The Chinese ate a very healthy diet. Chopsticks were something the Chinese used to eat their meals. They have invented thousands of years ago during the Shang times. Tea was something very common in ancient China.  There's a legend that says a Chinese Emporer was sitting in his garden with a bowl of drinking water, when a leaf suddenly fell in the pot of water, and then tea was born! Tea did not really become popular in China until the tang times.  As a gift, little packets of tea were to be given by the Chinese Emperors.  

To sum this up, let's just say there are many differences that ancient China has with us.  Kids lived pretty different lives and ate different meals too. They took shelter in one home with all their relatives and had various toys than the ones we still have. Ancient china was a good time, and although we have differences, there are many similarities as well. Ancient times truly are fascinating.

WORD COUNT NOT INCLUDING THIS: 731

GRADE I GOT: A