Foreigners

To those who came here without reading my fic (A Different Reality) you might not know, but I'm Brazilian. And of course, I remember Paolo, son of... Tyche, I think. Apollo mentions he seems to understand English, but refuses to speak. If you're from a country not-English speaker, why not create an Original Character who doesn't speak English but ends up in camp anyway? (both Roman and Greek)

Make it hard to explain the rules of camp, have the campers begging Dionysus to speak to them - as a god, he should know how to speak every language - or Chiron, but maybe it has been so long since Chiron last spoke that language that he actually has to use a similar one. Or maybe you get an Italian camper and the only ones who can more or less understand are the Aphrodite campers as French is somewhat close. Or someone gets Nico and he's like "do you know how long ago I last spoke a full sentence in Italian?". Choose less known countries and languages.

Create conflict. A girl camper gets her period for the first time and not only she's hella embarrassed, she also doesn't know how to ask for pads. Have a camper not understanding they couldn't take or touch something and then getting pissed that everyone is yelling at them when they didn't do anything! (they did, they just don't know). Have a camper making their team for Capture the Flag lose because no one explained the plan to them so they weren't at their place. Have a camper not understanding their leader's orders and messing up. Apollo kids memorizing everything in the medical bay but not knowing any other words in English that aren't medical-related. Have a misunderstanding become so complicated that they decide to put the camper to sleep and ask a Hypnos kid to enter their subconscious to figure out what is going on. 

Make a camper learning English and trying to explain a problem but doesn't know a crucial word (like trying to explain they're allergic to something, so they try to explain "I die"). Have a cabin begging Hermes kids to smuggle a dictionary or something. Have the American campers struggling to pronounce your OC's name. Have them curious about traditions. Make a Chinese camper who celebrates Lunar New Year, a Mexican camper who celebrates Cinco de Mayo. Have them fight harmful stereotypes about their country.

Make the campers organizing to create other introductory videos. Maybe Paolo can do in Portuguese (btw, it should be Paulo, Paolo is the Italian version, but...). An Aphrodite camper in French. Maybe your OC doing it by the time they learned the rules.

(You'll notice in the next chapters that I try to create ideas that include the overlooked cabins, from Hypnos to Tyche, to Hebe, to Dionysus.)