2

***

"Bro, you stepped over the line!" said Daichi, yelling to be heard over the noise of the pub. In darts, there is a line on the floor about 8ft from the dartboard, and players have to stand behind it to take their shots. Bokuto had just thrown his 3 darts and they were pretty good shots, one even hit a second ring.

"No fucking way," said Bokuto, "my foot was right here!" He demonstrated, putting his toe right at the edge of the line.

"It definitely was not," said Daichi, taking a sip of his drink.

"You're just pissed that I made a good fucking shot," said Bokuto, smirking as he came up to the high top table near their darts lane.

"I'm mad that you made the good shot by cheating," said Daichi, rolling his eyes.

"Don't be a sore loser," mocked Bokuto, grabbing his drink, "now take your shots."

"I haven't lost yet," said Daichi, taking his darts and moving behind the line, "watch and learn Bo." Daichi lined his foot up to the line and lined up his first shot and threw. Bullseye.

***

"Looks like they are having fun," said Ushijima, watching as Bokuto swore loudly as Daichi threw a bullseye. Kuroo and Ushijima were still sitting at the booth, both on their 3rd pitchers.

"Yeah, they're both super competitive when it comes to drinking games," grinned Kuroo as Bokuto and Daichi started arguing about rules again, "But then again, we all are."

"I too get a bit competitive when it comes to games and sports," said Ushijima, taking a sip of his drink. Kuroo laughed and Ushijima gave him a confused look.

"Dude, we all know that," said Kuroo, still laughing, "I mean, we competed against you in the Greek Cup last year. You were a fierce competitor."

"I will take that as a compliment," said Ushi with a slight smile. Kuroo grinned.

"As you should," said Kuroo with a grin, clinking his glass against Ushijima's, "Hey, there's something I've been wanting to ask you."

"What is it?"

"Why did you join a fraternity?" asked Kuroo, "You don't really seem like the party type or the type to skirt chase or even to haze. So, why did you do it?" Ushijima pondered this question for a bit, thinking it over in his mind. Meanwhile, Terushima and Oikawa had started doing karaoke together over at the stage; a truly horrible rendition of "Don't Go Breaking My Heart."

"I guess I would say it was my father's influence," said he said finally, pouring himself another glass, "He was a ΣZ when he was in school. Always told me that it was the best time of his life. I have never been the most social person, so I thought that maybe, this would be a good opportunity for me to branch out."

"Shit," said Kuroo, "that's deep man."

"So, why did you join?" asked Ushijima. Kuroo grabbed his drink, drained the glass in one go, and smiled.

"To have fun," he said, setting the now empty glass on the table, "my old man is pretty serious about me taking over the company when I get out of school. I wanna make the most of college before real life comes and fucks it all up." To Kuroo's surprise, Ushijima started to laugh, a deep joyous sound that made Kuroo want to laugh as well.

"What's so funny about that?" he asked still grinning at the stupid smile on Ushi's face.

"Nothing," said Ushijima, "It is just such a simple reason, yet I see the appeal." Kuroo gave him a light punch on the arm.