chapter five

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE.
( LETTERS.. )

     The days after the full moon were filled with anxiety. All Kalia could think about is one of the boy's approaching her or the whole school finding out what she was. She was unregistered animagus and if anyone found out, she would be thrown into hot waters. She would ruin her family's reputation and expose the lies her aunt told her mother continuously.

     So when Kalia sat in the library with Nancy, seeing the Marauders talking and watching her only made it worse. Ella-Rose was there too, sat next to James. James didn't seem as interested in the conversation. Distracted by Ella. The two practically draped over each other as they completed some sort of work. Kalia didn't know but she didn't care. Sirius, Peter and Remus were whispering. It was making her feel worse.

     She already hated that they knew. That she had decided to say it was her but Sirius already suspected her. Why would it matter? But it did matter. It really mattered and now she was risking her own neck and her family's she felt stupid. She couldn't even concentrate on her writing anymore. Studying was the last thing she wanted to do and she instead, stood up. She then began to pack her stuff away.

     "Sorry, Nanc. I gotta go. I cannot concentrate. Keep my notes, just give them to be later, alright?" Kalia asked. Nancy looked up, giving her a smile and nodding. She muttered a soft 'course' before Kalia pulled the satchel over her shoulder. She glanced over to see Pince glaring at them. Kalia just pushed her chair in and left. Her hand resting at her side.

     It was stupid to tell the boys. She knew that. She shouldn't have done anything. But it wasn't a big deal in her mind. She had had it most of her life, her aunt had been trying to get it to work from the age of six and it only worked when Kalia was nine. Now she was an animagus and never registered. Her aunt didn't deem it necessary. She didn't deem it necessary that Mother would know either and now there was a risk everyone would find out. She had to tell her Aunt.

     But first, Kalia had to do her schoolwork and there was only one place she could be free from others. There was one place where she couldn't be disturbed and that was her safe place. So, Kalia headed towards the classroom. It was a short walk and she closed the door silently behind her. She let out a long breath of relief.

     Then she sat down and quickly got to work on her studying. It was easy enough in the silence of the classroom to finish her essay. Then once that was done, she grabbed another piece of parchment. This one was going to be a letter to her aunt she had decided. Her Aunt needed to know and she needed some advice on what to do now. She was confused and completely unsure.

'To Emmeline,

I have gotten myself into trouble. I am sending this to you and not mother because it is to do with me being an animagus. I was running around last night and I found myself face with three other animagus. I don't know who they are but they know who I am. They are whispering about me and I fear that they will say something to the rest of the school. I don't want us to be exposed. There is also a werewolf among us and I do not know how to act. This letter is short but I just need some advice. I'm sorry for letting someone see me.