chapter fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN.
( DIDN'T TELL HIM.. )

     Remus had gained access to the Potions classroom and ingredients surprisingly quickly and now two days before the full moon, Remus and Kalia were brewing the potion. Most of it was done now and they just had to let it brew for two hours. It was making Kalia nervous. The longer that they stayed together, the more likely they were to be discovered but she tried to put that to the back of her mind.

     So far, it had been fine and she didn't see that changing. Remus was sat leaning against the table. He looked as rough as he always did. The bags under his eyes were more prevalent, his face a little more sunken than usual. It aged him but Kalia didn't care. He was still Remus and that's all she cared about. She wanted to help him no matter what.

     Kalia checked the potion once again before walked over to Remus. She wrapped her arms around him and rested her head against his. A soft sigh escaping his lips before he turned around. His arms wrapped around her in return and he buried his face. Kalia could feel his ragged breath against her neck and she wished she could just help him more than this.

    Her fingers began to run through his brown locks, twirling his hair around her finger. It was an attempt to calm him down but she didn't know if it was working. She hoped it did. It was anxiety-inducing. Not knowing how he was feeling but he was only going to tell her if he wanted to. She didn't want to force him, she understood what feeling forced felt like. It was never a pleasant feeling.

     "I don't understand how your skin is always so cold," Remus chuckled softly before he lifted his head. His gaze met hers and she could see that the light that was usually there had dimmed. Tilting her head, she raised an eyebrow and pulled a face at him. Remus chuckled and pressed a soft kiss to her lips, "Don't give me that look," He muttered before pressing a few more kisses to her lips. Kalia chuckled and cupped his face with her hands.

     "I am a Slytherin, remember," Kalia said. Her tone was clearly playful but he just rolled his eyes at that. She wasn't a Slytherin, they both knew that, but he hated her calling herself a Slytherin or a snake. It wasn't anything really important. It didn't annoy him that heavily but he just hoped that she would change her opinion.

     "You're not. You're a Ravenclaw, Lia. You're not your family," He responded. Kalia nodded and pressed a kiss to his lips. Her nose nudging against him. He looked up again and she smiled right back at him.

     "I know, it is a habit. I have been told I am a snake my whole life." She said. He nodded and leaned into her touch. His eyes falling closed as he just got used to the feeling of her hand. She was so cold compared to him but it was refreshing. The full moon was making him fidgety.

     "You're not," He said. Kalia nodded and then pressed a long kiss to his lips. Remus wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. He moved to deepen the kiss but was cautious in his movements. He didn't want her to be uncomfortable. Safe to say, Kalia was far from uncomfortable. In fact she was enjoying it and when Remus cautiously ran his tongue across her lips, she was more than happy to let him in. His tongue explored her mouth cautiously as Kalia got used to this feeling. Kissing someone like this had not been something she had ever done. It was still so new but something about Remus made it feel so much less daunting.