Chapter 3 - Roommates

After going with the motion of enrolling for the academy, Lin Ran took all her unpacked luggage from Lin Manor to L Academy's Dorm Building. The school starts in two weeks and students are only allowed to move into the dorms on the weekend before the school starts, but Principal Ma gave special permission for Lin Ran upon her request.

Du Ye was helping Lin Ran load her luggage in the back of the car when the Lin siblings arrived home. Lin Xu stopped his yellow Lamborghini right next to Du Ye. When he alighted, he took off his sunglasses and approached Du Ye. "Is the new Lin Miss being kicked out already?" 

"Bother! Don't be mean." Lin Qi reprimanded her brother as she got off from the passenger seat.

"Good afternoon Young Master Lin. Good afternoon—" Du Ye paused for a second and thought if he should call her second miss? Then continued with "Miss Lin." Now that he called her Miss Lin, how should he address Lin Ran now? This is so confusing, Du Ye thought. 

Du Ye's pause made Lin Qi frown, while it brought a mischievous grin out of Lin Xu. "Where is Lin Ran going?" asked Lin Qi. "Miss Lin Ran will be moving into the L Academy dorm, Miss." Lin Xu's grin got wider with Du Ye's answer and said, "I don't know if father loves her so much that he's willing to ask the school for this special treatment or he just wants to get rid of her."

Lin Qi exclaimed, "What? That can't be. Mother paid so much attention to refurbishing her room and she's only staying here for a night?"

Lin Xu gave his sister a weird look and asked her, "What are you angry about? You kept on crying last night about her staying here, and now she's leaving, you want her to stay?" Lin Qi blushed from both anger and humiliation from her brother's bluntness. "All I'm saying is, does mother know of this?" She directed this question to Du Ye. "I—I don't know Miss." Du Ye stuttered an answer, not expecting to be included in the discussion. Lin Qi decided to march inside the manor to look for her mother. With his sister gone, Lin Xu was still smiling and when he was about to go inside the manor, he grinned at Du Ye and said, "You should really have called her Second Miss."

Du Ye stupidly stared at the retreating back of Lin Xu, then, he was startled by the sound of the car's trunk being closed. He looked back and saw Lin Ran who just closed the car's trunk. Du Ye gasped, "Eldest Miss! Since when were you there?" He looked from her then to the entrance of the manor. He was sure that the miss was just inside, how was she able to exit without him and the twins noticing?

"Let's go." Lin Ran commanded as she opens the door to the front passenger seat of the car. She was too lazy to explain to Du Ye that the moment she saw the twins as she was standing on the balcony of her room, she decided it was a nuisance to interact with the twins. When they were out of sight, instead of exiting through the front door, she decided to jump over from her balcony; a feat not simple considering the 20-feet high distance, but for Lin Ran, it was as simple as a walk in the park.

The L Academy's Dorm room can accommodate 4 students and has its own bathroom. Once again, Lin Ran did not unpack but took a black device that is thin and one foot long from her luggage and started scanning the room. She has good senses, but you can never be too sure if your room was bug-free if you do not scan it. She checked the whole room, even the bathroom, and the balcony. The whole room was bug-free, unlike the Lin Manor. She did not even need to scan the Lin Manor. The whole place was full of surveillance cameras and recording devices that it was buzzing so much she could not sleep. This was one of the reasons she wanted to move out of it immediately.

After scanning the room, Lin Ran took her tablet and attached a keyboard to it. She sat by the study table and started hacking the academy's internal network. Minutes later, different clips of the academy's surveillance camera can be seen on her tablet. Lin Ran paused her typing when she saw something on her screen. Malice reflected on her eyes.