Chapter 2: No Pressure

Jennifer's POV

"President Abner has laid out an ambitious agenda for her first 100 days in office, promising prompt action on unemployment, immigration reform, climate change, the homelessness crisis, and more. On Inauguration Day President Abner walked back several Trant era moves such as rejoining the World Health Organization and The Paris Climate Agreement. Both moves were seen as controversial by his opposition and other world leaders. During her term in office, President Abner will seek to rebuild those relationships that were fractured under the Trant administration...We have Senator Scott with us today to discuss President Abner's goals and the republican party's plans while under her administration."

"Rick thank you for having me. I'd like to start off first by saying I think it's great that Abner wants to strengthen relations with our foreign allies, but she's focusing on the wrong things right now. She has a country that is more divided than ever before. She needs to work domestically trying to build a bridge with the right side of the aisle before she does anything else."

"With all due respect Senator, I think that's a bunch of blather. President Abner did not create this divide, Trant and his comrades are responsible for that. I can't recall a time in the last four years when Republicans tried to build a bridge with the left. There were certainly cries for it, however no action. So I think it's a little hypocritical to expect for the Democrats to turn around and show the respect they weren't given."

"Trant, his supporters, and other conservatives alike have been branded despicable things from the left. The woman in the White House was recorded on tape calling us quote on quote rednecks. The right absolutely did not create this divide, the left did this with their hate and extreme policies."

"Oh come on you can't even utter the words President Abner, and you expect us to believe the right is going to welcome her with open arms? A congresswoman from Georgia is in the process of drafting articles of impeachment stating that President Abner didn't legally win this election. There can be no unity until there is acceptance."

"Look, a lot of people sat and watched on election night as Georgia mysteriously turned from red to blue. Ballots were still being accepted even after polling closed. In some counties there were more votes than people. We will not sit back and watch our democracy and the integrity of our elections be compromised by the leftest agenda."

"None of these nonsensical claims have been proven because they just aren't true. There is no evidence that President Abner didn't rightfully win this election. Yes, I said President because that's what she is, she's our President whether you like it or not. I think the sooner the right realizes that, both sides can come together and get to work repairing this country. President Trant conceded on election night. He called his successor and admitted defeat, end of story.  I think a part of him was relieved that he would be leaving office because he could not properly do the job. He's been out of the public eye since that night. He didn't attend the Inauguration, he did not congratulate President Abner or offer her words of advice which is a tradition. He cowardly left a note for her on the resolute desk in the Oval Office, which I'm sure was much more of an egotistical rant than anything else. The right is fighting a battle that he doesn't want to be part of."

"Abner said herself that the note was kind, but sure you and your network just keep pushing the narrative that Trant is the worst human being to walk this earth. Yes, he has his faults but no one cares more about this country than he does and that is why his supporters are standing behind him."

"Seeing the type of leader President Abner is I'm sure she didn't want to reveal the true contents of the letter, but regardless of that Trant should step up and publicly debunk these false claims that this election wasn't fair. He needs to call his attack dogs off of President Abner so she can continue to do her job which I think she's done pretty well so far considering what she was left with."