2• Familiar Brunette

Chapter 2 - Familiar Brunette

*POV ~ NEWT*

'Have any of you seen Lu?' I questioned as I bounced my leg up and down anxiously.

'Not since last night no.' Thomas admitted which only made me more nervous. What if she's hurt?

'Calm down Newt, that girl knows how to handle herself.' Minho said and I knew he was right but she shouldn't have to handle every by herself when she has people who love her who will do it for her.

'And finally, David.' Janson announced as he looked up from his clipboard.

'Thank you for your attention, enjoy the rest of your evening.' He said before leaving the crowded canteen.

'Tommy we should just keep our heads down and try not to draw any attention to ourselves.' I said going back to our conversation we were holding before we mentioned the red head.

'What's he doing?' I asked as soon as Thomas slammed his palms on the table and walked of towards the open doors following the called out kids.

'I think he's drawing attention to himself.' Frypan spoke as we watched the brunette.

It didn't take long for the runner to start a scene and when he did me and all the gladers jumped out of our seats and ran up to tear the boy away from the guards.

'What's your problem man? What the hell?' He shouted as he pushed the older man in his shoulders.

'What's happening here?' The rat man appeared in front in us. Of course.

'Thomas, I thought we could trust each other? You know we are all in the same team here.' Janson insisted with a hand on my friend's back.

'Are we?'

'Get them to their bunks.' The rat man's expression showed nothing but smugness and it infuriated me.

'Riley, take these boys back to their room.' Janson shouted before leaving the canteen.

'Come on fellas, follow me.' Luna's godfather said before leading us away from everyone else.

'What was that for man? You trying to get yourself a target on your god damn back?' The tattooed man rolled his eyes as he held his gun close to his chest.

'Do you know where Luna is?' I asked when I caught up to him.

'She wasn't in her room, I think she's having an operation.' He told us which made my heart rate increase to an uneven pace.

'What the shuck do you mean an operation?' Minho quizzed and looked at me with a cautious expression.

'I'm not sure alright, I'm just as worried as you are. She's like a daughter to me.' Riley shrugged his shoulders and smiled before locking us in our rooms.