Within

"Come on, The Doctor's been up all night searching for a solution" she says, oblivious to your turmoil as she leads you down corridor after corridor. "She barely slept, silly woman" she says fondly and you register a deeper thrumming from underfoot, catching an image from Yaz of The Tardis console room ahead with all three Time Ladies stood impatiently.

"(Y/n) don't run off like that! You'd think being blind would make you less reckless!" Says Jenny shrilly and you look vaguely in her direction.

"Sorry sorry, won't do it again" you mutter distractedly.

"(Y/n) why did you wander off this time?" Says The Doctor and you switch to looking at where she would be. You give her a long look.

Yaz squeezes your hand and you feel it again, the image, dark and swirling with dulled emotions. You Yelp and drop her hand. The images feels... weird.

Deformed somehow.

"What was that?" Asks Yaz a little hurt and you look around, beginning to pace.

Someone takes your arm and you jump in surprise, stumbling off the raised deck. You hear Missy call your name urgently before you are hauled upright by another pair of strong arms; The Doctor.

"Right (Y/n), what's going on?" She demands and you shiver.

"I don't know I'm sorry" you answer truthfully. She seems to debate this internally before sighing. Eventually she relaxes.

"Ok, one problem at a time. (Y/n), there's only one thing that I think will do this."

"Nope. No. Absolutely not" cuts in Missy and you worry at her anxious tones.

"It's the surest idea"

"No" Missy repeats and you shrug the blonde off.

"Will someone tell me what this idea is? As the one who cannot see a damn thing I believe I should get a say" you threaten.

There's a pause before Jenny answers.

"Mum wants to take you back to the pyramid. Only I think it's a shit idea" she shoots and you smile.

"Language! It's the best hope we've got, we'll turn you in, let them reverse this, then break you out before they can sentence you" she finishes to silence.

"I won't let that happen, you cannot guarantee they won't take her away" Missy hisses.

"You would be fine with the risk if it were anyone else here!" Retorts The Doctor furiously and you spin from Missy's grip.

"Shut it, both of you. It's my decision, and I say... we're doing it" you finish.

"My love, I can't keep you safe-"

"Well that's just a risk we're going to have to take." Sensing she was about to argue, you make a choice. "I can't live like this Missy, you don't understand. The paranoia, the fear, the unknown, and being stuck inside my own head." you cut in. "It's killing me" you whisper finally, and she doesn't respond.

"I had no idea... I didn't realise" she says quietly and you scowl.

"It's hell"

She is quiet for a moment before you hear a sharp intake of breath from The Doctor.

"Missy what are you- Missy don't!" she warns and you begin to feel fearful.

Yaz shriekes in alarm and you hear Jenny run over.

"Shit Missy!" She gasps.

"I won't put her back in danger, so there's only one other option." Missy Growls. She must be very close.

"Missy listen, listen! I know she's precious, but this isn't the only way. What you're doing, it has risks! For yourself and for her! You can't be sure!" The Doctor hisses.

"Someone tell me what's happening!" You panic.

"I don't care, she's worth the risk" replies Missy and there is a scuffle as someone places their hands over your face, brushing your eyelids gently.

You try to step back but they hold you steady, and in that moment of connection you catch an image you didn't think you would ever have to see again.

The golden glow from Missy's hands wrapped over your eyelids, her own eyes closed in concentration.

You feel the power hit you like a tsunami, and you try to scream but your body is collapsing in on itself.

It hurts, it hurts so much, and suddenly you are transported back, back to kneeling beside Jenny, The Doctor being held by Yaz as the golden light spreads from her body, her old body, the face you thought you had almost forgotten, yet here it was, fresh as the day you met her in that chamber, blonde ponytail swinging as she ran to you.

Another flash and you're lying on cold grass by the side of your own grave with two familiar faces hovering above you; The Doctor and Yaz. You can see the brand new Jenny rising unsteadily in her oversized clothes, and the warm connection from her emerald eyes as she hugged you.

Another flash and a pain in your back as though you've been stabbed. You're sitting in a forest clearing, a man laughing psychotically as he enters a lift. Looking down you can see yourself, dressed in your signature purple outfit. Missy.

You feel your chest ache and burn as your head pounds, all your muscles contracting at once.

And suddenly it's there, the reason you were blinded in the first place. The act of merciless revenge you had performed on a Mr Feldga so far and long ago in a distant past or future you knew not.

This time you really do scream, but no one can help you now.

The light burns your eyes as it peels though your eyelashes, and you feel the cold floor hit you before you are aware you've fallen.