Chapter 3

"Alex? Are you alright?" Yassen asked, concerned. Alex looks like he is struggling. Alex didn't answer. Yassen stood up and walked to the teen. He placed a hand on Alex's forehead. Yassen jerked his hand away from the heat. He was burning hot. "Alex. You're burning hot," Yassen said, "where else hurt?"
"I'm alright Yassen." Alex said weakly as he tried to stand up but his knees buckled immediately. Yassen immediately caught Alex. Alex hung limp in Yassen's arms. Yassen tilt Alex's head back to see his face. Alex's eyes were closed and his face paled even further. "Damn." Yassen scooped Alex up and rushed down stairs to get to his car. "What happened?" The receptionist asked. She was really worried about Alex before already and now this. "He collapsed." Yassen replied. "I'll call the ambulance. It would be faster." She said. Yassen nodded. Alex suddenly started gasping. Yassen pressed his finger to Alex's wrist to check his pulse. It was beating really fast. "How is he?" The receptionist asked, worry creased her face. "I think he has pneumonia."
"No..." She was afraid for the boy. He looks so fragile but now with the lung infection, she is thinking he might not be able to fight it.
The ambulance arrived and whisked Alex away. Yassen accompanied Alex to the hospital. Alex's heartbeat suddenly plummeted. It was getting weaker and weaker until he suddenly flatlined. Yassen swear his own heart stopped too. Yassen felt panick raising. The paramedics performed CPR on Alex. They shocked him and finally a faint beat came back. That was good enough. They carted him out of the ambulance and towards the operating room. Yassen had always been fond of the boy. Not in the gay way but as a friend. Alex was polite and good at what he does. Please Alex. Please make it.