secrets

it was the middle of rehearsal.  "they kicked her out she was 16 it was pretty ugly" the kis playing mr. Hawkins said

Isabel froze then came back on stage. "sorry.. I think that might be a typo or something? my mama's parents.. they ether moved or there dead." 

a heavy silence filled the room. 

"honey did your mom tell you this?" Trent asked looking very uncomfortable. Isabel looked at him "well.. no but she never really talks about it.. this is a joke right? they didn't- they couldn't have kicked her out" 

Isabel was grasping at straws at this point trying to make sense of what she had just heard. "she wouldn't lie to me.." 

Isabel felt herself in a panic attack she could feel the walls closing in. Without thinking Isabel ran out of the room. 

she ran into the band room and closed the door. It was dark and still. 

being her mother's daughter Izzy also had panic attacks. Sometimes it was genetic that stuff in her case it was. 

her mind would not shut up. why would she lie to me? well ok she didn't lie but she didn't come out and say it ether. So why? WHY? 

Isabel put her head between her keens and tried to breathe. The light cut through the darkness   "Trent?" 

"hey" Trent sat down next to her. "why would she lie? why would she keep that from me?" 

Trent sighed "I don't konw kiddo. I would tell you what I konw but I don't think I should be the one to tell you that stuff. You konw if you ask her about it you might not like what you find." 

Isabel sighed "i konw that.. but I want to konw"