Chapter 13

Jessica's POV

I know that learning to fight or kill someone wasn't exactly on my bucket list but if I were to take over the throne, I need to protect myself and face the world. I've been living a normal life as an ordinary girl but that's not how this shit excuse of the world works. So, I decided to learn to protect myself.

Even if I won't take over the mafia, it would be beneficial for me to learn self-defense and learn to protect myself when I am in danger. 

I turned around from the so-called Black Killer to face Damon. When he realized I was done processing a bit about the situation, he continued explaining.

"He would take you to a place in Russia and help you train. As for how he is going to train you and the routine, I have no idea because when it comes to training, he has the whole responsibility and authority to do whatever he pleases. He will be your mentor for at least a year and you can return when you think you are strong enough to protect yourself." Damon sipped his tea but put it down in haste when he realized he forgot something.

"OH, and one more thing! The most important one, actually. Russian mafia and Italian mafia haven't been in good terms and Luciano might try to assassinate you if he finds out you're the heir and you're in his territory. So, I will try to distract him and keep him occupied as much as I can. But, if things go wrong, you must return home."

"But why Russia though? If we aren't on good terms with Russian mafia, why are you sending me there?" It was almost suicidal and out of all the amazing places in the world, I didn't understand why he had to send me to one of the most dangerous places.

"The most dangerous place is the safest. You see, as much as I would love for you to go to an isolated place in Italy, there are way too many Russian spies working under Luciano here. So, it would be extremely hard for you to stay hidden. On the other hand, they won't pay much attention if you stay in an isolated forest that isn't even located on the maps." He stood up from his seat and continued.

"There are some spies in Russia and we don't have control over how things end up in other countries so I would say, Russia is the best choice for now. After all, I will come up with some excuses to make Luciano stay outside the country as much as I can."

I nodded in understanding and took a sip of my tea. "That makes sense.  When am I leaving?"

"We aren't in a hurry but time sure is very precious. I was thinking that probably a week later. You can buy things you might need there since you will be training in a secluded place. You won't go out where people can see you. If anyone, Harry will go out to buy things but it would be better if you go out less often." I nodded in understanding but a displeasure clearly written on my face. 

"Oh. So, you mean, I practically have to be under quarantine of some sort." I snorted in the end and Damon shrugged. "Yes."

"Hm, sure. I can pack later. I am gonna go out with Fionna. I might not be home for a few days because I gotta make the best out of my break before I am met with my nightmare." Damon chuckled and I headed towards my room.