Chapter 30

Rose's POV

After long hours of driving, we finally arrived in the Bloodlust pack. The previous beta of the pack who is now alpha came to meet us at the border of the pack. It was at least an hour's drive from the border to the pack's headquarters. 

The land was pointless to say enormous, Arthur really had the gut and power to take over weak packs under Jack's eyes. I was planning to strip Beta from his position too considering he worked under Arthur, meaning he might repeat the same thing he did. 

"It's our pleasure to have the Alpha Queen and Beta King visit our Bloodlust pack. We're really honored." The Alpha spoke as he led the way inside where people in maids' uniform were bowing in respect. 

The view was getting on my nerves when I thought about him threatening everyone to be in their best behavior just because he was told I would be visiting. 

As much as I wanted to throw the current alpha off his position, I couldn't because it would be considered as misusing my power just because I am the queen. After all, I have many ways to put him in his position without using my authority. 

I was taken to show around the pack house where everyone bowed their heads in submission and fear. The more jackass talked and boasted about his contribution to the pack, I barely held myself from shutting his mouth. 

I didn't bother to remember his name because he would be removed from this world pretty soon. So, for now, 'the jackass' would do. 

The jackass arranged a meeting for me, not letting me take a break after travelling for long. I didn't have any problem with it except the fact that I didn't want to meet those underlings who thought abusing their power was a cool thing to do. 

Thanks to my and Tyler's extraordinary patience, we managed to listen to everyone brag about themselves throughout the meeting. But at the end of it, I lost it and slammed my hand on the desk, shutting everyone up. 

"Enough! I am not here to watch your drama. Now that you guys know why I am here, you guys are dismissed. And you!" I pointed at the jackass who was staring at me with wide eyes and fear. 

"Take me to the dungeon. I wanna meet the prisoners and their reason for imprisonment." "Yes, your majesty." He bowed as I and Tyler walked out of the room. The moment I came out, a maid who was just passing by, fell to the ground, on her knees and greeted me.

I was quick on my feet and helped her stand up, which she insisted was her fault for not seeing me earlier and startling me. I was so furious, not at her but the poor excuse of Arthur and everyone who did this to poor women and people in the whole pack. 

The maid soon scurried away and I couldn't help myself as I swinged my hand, making the jackass hold his red cheeks from the impact. Shamelessly, he peered up at me as if asking me what he did wrong. 

The look on his face made me even more furious and I wanted to kill him right there and then but everything faded away when a warm hand gripped mine from behind. Tyler's touch was soothing and calmed me down.