Chapter 7: My cousin is annoying?

"Well, what are you all waiting for?" Madam Hooch barked. "Everyone stand by a broomstick. Come on, hurry up."

I stood by my broomstick and waited for what was next

"Stick out your right hand over your broom," called Madam Hooch at thefront "and say 'Up!"'

"UP" everyone shouted

Harry's broom along with mine jumped into our hands. Hermione Granger's had simply rolled over on the ground, andNeville's hadn't moved at all.

"Now, when I blow my whistle, you kick off from the ground, hard," said Madam Hooch. "Keep your brooms steady, rise a few feet, and then come straight back down by leaning forward slightly. On my whistle... three... two-"

But Neville, nervous and jumpy and frightened of being left on the ground, pushed off hard before the whistle had touched Madam Hooch's lips.

"Come back, boy!" she shouted

 Neville was rising straight up and I was able to see hisscared white face look down at the ground falling away, he slipped sideways off the broom and with a thud and a nasty crack and Neville lay face down on the grassin a heap. His broomstick was still rising higher and higher, andstarted to drift lazily toward the forbidden forest and out of sight.

"Broken wrist," Madam Hooch muttered "Come on, boy it's all right, up you get."

She turned to the rest of the class

"None of you are to move while I take this boy to the hospital wing! Youleave those brooms where they are or you'll be out of Hogwarts beforeyou can say 'Quidditch.' Come on, dear."

No sooner were they out of earshot than Malfoy burst into laughter

"Did you see his face, the great lump?"The other Slytherins joined in

"Shut up, Malfoy," I snapped 

"Ooh, sticking up for Longbottom?" said Pansy Parkinson, a hard-facedSlytherin girl. "Never thought you'd like fat little crybabies,Amy."

"Shut up Malfoy, you too pug face" I scowled at them

"Look!" said Malfoy, darting forward and snatching something out of thegrass. "It's that stupid thing Longbottom's gran sent him."

"Give that here, Malfoy," said Harry quietly. Everyone stopped talkingto watch. Malfoy smiled nastily.

"I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find... how about... up a tree?"

"Give it here!" Harry yelled, but Malfoy had leapt onto his broomstickand taken off. Hovering levelwith the topmost branches of an oak he called, "Come and get it,Potter!"

I know it was stupid but me and Harry both got on our brooms and chased after him

"No!" shouted Hermione Granger. "Madam Hooch told us not to move... you'll get us all into trouble."

"Give it here," Harry called, "or I'll knock you off that broom!" "Oh,yeah?" said Malfoy, trying to sneer, but looking worried

 He leaned forward and grasped the broomtightly in both hands, and it shot toward Malfay like a javelin. Malfoyonly just got out of the way in time; Harry made a sharp about-face andheld the broom steady while I waited at the ground level. A few people below were clapping. 

"No Crabbe and Goyle up here to save your neck, Malfoy," Harry called.The same thought seemed to have struck Malfoy. 

"Catch it if you can, then!" he shouted, and he threw the glass ballhigh into the air and streaked back toward the ground.

Right on time, I thought. As the remembrall fell towards the ground... I managed to catch it

"HARRY POTTER! AMY RIVERS!"

Professor McGonagall wasrunning toward them. Harry got to his feet, trembling. Me on the other hand knew what was going to happen so I was not scared

"what is the meaning of this" she shouted "BOTH OF YOU IN MY OFFICE!!! NOW" she turns to Draco "Professor Snape will deal with you"

Draco gulps in fear, serves him right but why does it seem like we are in trouble

Professor McGonagall stopped outside her classroom. She opened the doorand we followed her in

"Do you have any idea how much trouble you are in" She scolded

"It-t was M-Malfoy" Harry stutters

"Doesn't mean you should put your life at risk without learning how to use a broom first, I am disappointed in both of you, detention at 5... 25 points from gryffindor each"

"I have a detention with Snape at that time" I remarked

"I will get Snape and see what I can do"