32 | ﴾ Your Call ﴿

The journey to Éduin's room was an absolute racket. The group of young people with us, most notably the girls that Lucas had invited, were incredibly noisy and pushy. They were shouting loud Parisian profanities causing many of the portraits of my ancestors to whine in French irritation. Draco and I walked slowly at the back with our arms around each other, swaying with our drunkenness. I was holding my long green dress up with my other hand and my hair fell down over my face as I tried to ensure I didn't trip.

"All I want is you, naked, in my bed," I whispered in a racy tone at him. One of the girls with long black hair and big brown eyes was eyeing us while walking backwards. She had on a black dress that was short enough for her to do, tight as saran wrap to her curvy figure. She had a wicked glare in her eyes and I was trying to ignore her inaudible gossiping and snickering with the other two.

Draco groaned and shut his eyes as he walked, "I know. Me too." His fingers dug hungrily into my side and then slid down to pinch at my ass. I shrieked slightly as he pawed at me, biting his lip and wavering as he walked.

A few glances drifted back to us with disinterest, all save for the black-haired girl who was shooting seductive eyes at Draco without him realizing. Ahead of them Lucas chatted with Éduin passionately and I watched them through squinty eyes. I had known they were friends before our breakup, but never this close. Their relationship had clearly progressed in my absence. Beside Éduin, Gianetta had a bored expression on her face as she fought to keep up with them in silence. She was shorter than all of the girls and looked like a mouse next to Éduin who loomed well over six feet.

Once we'd all moved into the cream-colored room and gathered in a circle by the fire, Éduin shut the door with a loud click and turned around rapidly, "Voila! Trolls Absinthe, generously donated by my good friend Lucas here." He held out a bright green bottle of dense liquor. I had never tried it myself, but it was known to make those who ingested it quite dreamy and irrational, and on occasions, even experience overpowering hallucinations.

I shook my head at Draco who nodded similarly - there was no way we were involving ourselves. The atmosphere in the room was begging for drama, and we had finally reached a place where we were at peace in our relationship. "Oh come on now, Draco, don't be a little shit!" Éduin cried when he noticed our silent agreement.

He pointed a sturdy finger in my direction, "And you, since when 'ave you become so lame?"

Everyone turned to evaluate us where we were sitting on the carpet together. Draco had his legs bent and his arms crossed over his knees to support his chin. His blue eyes were narrow and hazy as he painstakingly slid them towards my brother in quiet protest. I sat up with sympathy on my knees, noticing how obliterated he already was, "Fine,  Éduin. I will take some for both of us and we will 'ear no more of et." Draco looked at me gratefully from his stupor.

"Ah, ah," Éduin wagged his finger at me, "You can take your shots when de time comes. We're going to play a game." I sat back feeling dreadful. Draco attempted to comfort me by rubbing on my leg randomly with his eyes closed.

"So," Lucas said, as he grabbed the bottle from Éduin and placed it in the center of the circle, "Simple. Spin the bottle. If you're at the ends you take a big shot and kiss. None of dis pansy shit." He raised an eyebrow suggestively.

The crowd in the room honed in on the glowing green jug that was now in the middle. Lucas spun it without regard and the head of the bottle shot towards one of the girls that I didn't recognize. She giggled as she spun it again and it landed on Lucas himself. They crawled across the space and met in the middle to pause and took huge gulps of the hallucinogenic liquid, then proceeded to kiss dramatically.