24: Last Night

Yeonjun purses his lips as he sat beside her. Tension wrapped the atmosphere while hesitant to meet her gaze fixed on the floor to avoid his. He didn't plan to talk to her after the show. But seeing her alone pushed him to at least acknowledge what happened on the night of their celebration.

He clears an imaginary blockage down his throat and spoke. "You sure didn't think twice in defending Soobin."

She glances at him. "He must be upset right now." It would be rude to ignore him when they're simply speaking about their leader.

"Kai dragged him out to cool off." He paused, now facing her with courage. "I-I want to say sorry about what happened last night."

The immediate change of topic still made Haewon nervous even when she expected it as soon as he neared her. She looks down and back to his eyes filled with guilt. Her eyes brim in tears as she almost cursed herself for being so delicate just by those words of apology. She felt how sincere he is when he can't properly look her in the eye when she could have at least acted like she has some pride on.

"Haewon..." Yeonjun panics when he noticed a tear falling down her cheek.

"I'm fine. I know I sound and look stupid for acting this way." She shakes her head in assurance while he watches her wipe down her stained cheeks.

"N-No! I'm at fault. I should have been more careful with words and at least thought that you have nothing to do with my problems that night."

He did explain himself fully with an eager personality to ask for her whole forgiveness. He later realized how special she is in the group and how he was also affected when she didn't talk to him this morning. Everyone became his enemies after having a foolish argument with her unlike when he did with Beomgyu.

It feels different. Now that he experienced how Kai threw him a glare he never received ever since they were trainees, he thought how wrong he was to speak such things to her.

He faces her once again and slouches down to find her eyes closed in pain. "How are you feeling?"

She hisses in frustration and unintentionally scowled at the oldest

She hisses in frustration and unintentionally scowled at the oldest. He felt goosebumps on his arms as he felt like being killed right on the spot with that look.

"We can talk more about this at home if you want. But I just can't seem to focus and get rid of this freaking headache."

Yeonjun inwardly chuckles as his shoulders shook in the process when he first felt his spine went cold at her dark expression.

"But we're still friends, right?"

His worried expression made her huff. "Let's see about that."

That was enough to get him to whine like a fake maknae he is. "Eh!"

"Don't," she inhales, nearly scolding him from getting her brain rattled by the sound of his voice. "Don't shout, please."

*****