Chapter 4: The Gadget

Izuku's POV

As I was surprised that Daichi was taken down easily to the ground by a little girl, who happens to be his little sister.

Izuku: " Tanaka-san, you have a little sister?" I questioned as I tried to help him up as his sister still clung to him.

Daichi: "Yeah, I didn't expect to see her so soon because I thought she was at her friend's place." he said as he got out from his sister's hug, looking at her as she just gave a big smile.

Little sister: " I was planning to go there, but she canceled last minute so now I'm bored at home." she replied

Daichi: " Anyways, we have a guest today, say hello Ichika," he asked of her

Ichika: " Hello there, I'm Ichika Tanaka." she said shyly, hiding behind her brother's leg.

I looked at her closely, she wore a yellow sundress, with her green hair in a braided ponytail with a pink hair clip to the side of her hair. I tried to lean in with a handshake to introduce myself but she only hid more behind her brother. I took back my handshake and stood up straight.

Izuku: "Nice to meet you, I'm Izuku Midoriya," I said as I bowed and got back up.

Daichi: "Sorry about her, she is scared of meeting new people." he said with a sad look on his face, "Anyway, so you want to play the new console."

I was about to answer but I saw his little sister tugging on his arm with her pouting.

Ichika: "Can you please play with me, I'm bored?" she said with puppy dog eyes.

Daichi looked back at me wondering what to do. I gave him a sign that it was okay, he was grateful for understanding the situation.

Daichi: "Ok, let's go to your room then," she cheered and ran to her room. As he was walking to her room, he looked back at me and said, "You can do whatever you want here while I'm busy, after all, it's just me, my sister, my driver, and my butler that lives here." as he continued his walk.

I was confused as to why he didn't mention his parents, but my eyes sparkled at the thought of exploring more of a home of the nephew of the president of the largest distributor of support gear. I ran around the house, looking at anything that seemed interesting. To my surprise, everything seemed pretty normal, that was until I walked past the garage door and noticed the red lights that were moving underneath the door. I stopped and pondered what to do, Daichi did say that I was able to do whatever I wanted, so I opened the door.

Izuku: "Wow," I said quietly, as I witnessed boxes of gadgets that were labeled as rejected.

I looked around and saw where the red light was coming from, it was from a red gauntlet that had a small tiny screen that said: "Scan Complete". I walked towards it and took it out from the box it was from. I then accidentally touched the screen which registered me as the owner and listed the items it has scanned. I was amazed by what the gauntlet listed as it seemed to scan all the equipment in the room and gave details on what they do. I just sat in the middle of the darkroom as I scrolled through the screen, reading about each item that was listed.

 I just sat in the middle of the darkroom as I scrolled through the screen, reading about each item that was listed

(Something like this, but minus the glove and weaponry attached to it.)

Daichi's POV

I played with Ichika until she fell asleep. I looked at the clock to notice that I left Izuku alone for almost two hours. I then went to the living room to find that he wasn't there playing with the console but his bag was still on the couch, so I went to go look for him, wondering what he was doing. I walked all over the place until I saw that the garage door was slightly open. I went to check inside and found Izuku was on the floor with a gauntlet as he was scrolling through the screen.

Daichi: "Having fun there Midoriya." I said as I leaned against the door frame with my arms crossed as I watched him jolted a bit as he was so focused on the gauntlet.

Izuku: "Oh hey there Tanaka-san." he said nervously as he looked back at me. "I sort of helped myself in as I saw red lights were moving and curious as to what it was. I then found this cool gauntlet that was able to scan everything," he said cheerfully.

Daichi: "If you like it so much, you can have it, or else it's just going to collect dust." I said to him as sparkles appeared in his eyes.

Izuku: "I can keep it, but it seems so useful to a pro hero, along with some other stuff that's in this room, why are these rejected?" He questioned me.

Daichi: " These are from when my dad was in charge of the company, he wanted to help heroes in any way, but when my uncle took over, he wanted to focus on gadgets that enhanced fighting power, so he got rid of all the prototypes that didn't fit with his idea, but I didn't want my dad's work to go in vain, so I decided to take them myself." I replied.

Izuku: "Your uncle doesn't seem like a nice person if he was going to throw these away." he responded.

Daichi: "He isn't," I said angrily, " Anyway, you can have it if you want, future hero." I said with a grin.

I saw Izuku blush as he was embarrassed by me calling him a future hero.

Izuku: "Anyway, is it ok if I come back here again, it seems that there are a lot of cool gadgets that can be used and modified based on what the gauntlet said." he asked.

I thought about it for a moment and remembered the treatment Izuku experienced and how it was similar to how I and my sister were treated when our parents died.

Daichi: "Sure you can come over once we finish our martial arts class, but if you are going to come over, you might as well call me Daichi so I don't get confused when my sister is around." I said as I walked over to Izuku and patted his head.

Izuku: " Ok Daichi-san, and since I am going to call you by your first name, you can call me Izuku." He with a smile as the gauntlet was still in his arms.

Daichi: "Alright, Izuku." as I smiled back.

Authors Note: Hey there readers, I was bored and struggling to figure out what to post for this chapter, so I wrote it today to see where it would take me and I ended up finishing the chapter, so you guys get a chapter earlier than expected, but there will be a planned chapter tomorrow, so look out for that. Also, just to be clear, Daichi is 6 years old, Izuku is 4 years old, and Ichika is 2 years old, which is why Izuku refers to Daichi with san since he is older than him. Also, Izuku is really smart in this story, which is why he doesn't act like a normal toddler sometimes. Anyways, thank you for reading, and have a nice day.