Chapter 128: Check-Up

Momo's POV:

Momo: "Why are we in a rush mother?" I questioned her as she had a tense look on her face while the driver was going faster than usual.

MY: "His hearing should have returned if the damage wasn't serious. But because he still isn't able to hear, there may be a chance that he may have permanent damage to his eardrums." she says back to me, as she was on her phone, appearing to be sending multiple text messages to someone, while I became shocked after hearing the news.

I then looked back to Midoriya-san, who was sitting next to me, as he cluelessly looked at my mom, unaware of what we're talking about. I slowly teared up as I blamed myself for causing this to happen. I had wanted to use whatever means to win, but I didn't want it to permanently damage my friend.

MY: "It's not your fault dear. The feedback from the glasses was an unexpected incident. You didn't know throwing the EMP would have caused permanent damage to his hearing." she said back to me as she looked up from her phone, trying to comfort me, "Now help Midoriya out of the car. We're here." as the driver had pulled up in front of the mansion, where a few servants and the head butler could be seen waiting at the front entrance with few medical pieces of equipment on hand.

Midoriya-san looked at the window behind my mother, looking confused as to why there were so many people waiting outside. I quickly grabbed his hand as I and my mother exited the car. I dragged Midoriya-san over to the servants, as they quickly took him in and did quick checks-ups as they were walking up the stairs.

Arakawa(HeadButler): "We'll take care of this madam." he said to my mother as he then bowed before he climbed up the steps to follow the maids.

Momo: "Will he be okay?" I said dismally as I looked towards the ground.

MY: "Put your chin up." as she grabbed my chin and lifted it back up, "In times of uncertainty, even if it may look bad, be confident until the end because you never know when things turn around."

I blankly stared at her as gives me a comforting smile. She then let go of my chin and stuck out her hand for me to grab, gesturing me to come up the stairs with her. I paused for a moment to think about what she just said. It's true that I may not know that he has permanent hearing damage, but as my mother said, I have to be confident that he'll recover from this, as this is all I can do for now. I slowly grabbed my mother's hand as I put on my best brave face, making her smile seem relaxed as she then carried on with going up the stairs.

We had waited in the dining room, awaiting further news about Midoriya-san's condition. A few minutes later, Arakawa-san had come in with a clipboard and his right hand was missing its glove.

Arakawa: "After examining him physically, along with my quirk, there seems to be a small tear in the eardrum, making it hard for him to hear anything," which caused me to tense up as I thought I may have done irreversible damage to Midoriya-san, "The good news is that it can heal after a few weeks."

I then sighed in relief as I was thankful that Midoriya-san is able to make a full recovery.

Arakawa: "But there is something to note. Although it may be hard to tell physically, when I had used my quirk to check the physical status, it said his eardrums had worsened, meaning that there was already damage to it before the young miss had sent an EMP in his direction." which surprised the both of us.

MY: "Thank you for taking care of him. You may return to your normal duties." Arakawa-san then bowed before exiting the room.

Momo: "Why would Midoriya-san already have a tear in his eardrum?" I questioned.

MY: "I don't know. Maybe it was an accident while he was at work?" as she did her best to answer me, "The only way to know for sure is to ask him."

Momo: "Are you sure he won't get mad at me?" as I was afraid he may blame me for his injury.

MY: "Was he mad at you when he first lost his hearing?" she questioned, to which I shook my head no.

Momo: "No. Quite the opposite actually. He had complimented me." I said back to her.

MY: "You have your answer." she says back to me, giving me peace of mind before I had exited the dining room to then visit the room Midoriya was in.

After asking passing by servants where Midoriya-san was, I ended up inside one of the guest bedrooms, where he can be seen sitting on his bed as he was fiddling on his UCS.

Momo: "Hey-" I tried calling out to him but remembered that he currently can't hear me.

I created a small chalkboard, along with some chalk, as I then headed over Midoriya-san, tapping him on the shoulder to alert him that I was there. He quickly turned his head towards me, and after taking a moment to realize that it was me, he smiled. I smiled back at him as I then showed him the chalkboard as a means to communicate with each other.

We started simple conversations, such as how he was feeling, if he was alright, any questions to check upon him. After making completely sure that he was fine, I then wrote down if he was aware that he had tears already in his eardrums, which seemed to disturb him at first before he grabbed the chalkboard and wrote down how it may have been from sparring against Daichi, as his lighting can get pretty loud. Before I could question him further, he quickly erased the board as he quickly wrote something down himself.

Izuku: 'I know that I haven't gotten to ask you this question as having your mom around sort of made me tense, but how is school life? Made any new friends?' was what it read.

I then froze myself as I didn't know exactly how to answer. When I first came to school, everyone seemed nice and friendly, but I knew from how I've seen others act that they were just being nice to me because of my status. I pretend to act friendly towards them as well as I had to maintain the Yaoyorozu image. I didn't try to make any friends as I knew they were only pretending, but I also didn't try pushing them away.

When the month had passed, there were fewer people still trying to befriend me, but throughout the month, I also felt contempt, envy, and hatred as I was quite favored by the teacher as I did well in my studies, try helping out a bit, and also from my status, making it really hard for me to fit in. So despite achieving my wish of wanting to attend a real school, despite it being a prestigious one, it wasn't everything I wanted it to be. But I couldn't tell Midoriya-san this as he did so much for me already, I couldn't burden him anymore.

Momo: "Everything's going great." I said out loud as I wrote on the board giving an awkward smile.

A/N:

Arakawa's quirk allows him to receive the physical status of someone when he makes direct contact, and he can go into further detail of the physical status if he directly touches the area he wants to inspect.