The Winter Soldier Program

A/N- Hey, this is my first time publishing a real story so just give me your feedback about it :) Thank you!!!

Snow crunches underneath the two men's feet, making boot prints in the white ground. Bucky looks to his best friend, Steve Rodgers. He looks back and reassures him about going inside the facility.

"You remember that time we had to ride back from Rockaway Beach in the back of that freezer truck?" Bucky smiles in response,

"Was that the time we used our train money to buy hot dogs?" Steve laughs," You blew three bucks trying to win that bear for a redhead." They look at each other and grin remembering all the great times they had together. Bucky asks if Steve still remembers her name.

"Dolores, You called her Doll." Bucky nods in agreement,

"She's gotta be a hundred years old right now." Steve sighs and grins,

"So are we pal." He claps Bucky on the shoulder as they laugh.

Steve walks up to the door and finds it open, "He can't have been here more than a few hours."

"That's long enough to wake them up." Bucky stops smiling and follows Steve into the bunker.

They start their descent to the lower levels of the facility. Bucky finds his heartbeat growing each time the elevator hits a different floor. The men stand in silence until the elevator reaches their destination.

"You ready?" Steve looks back up at Bucky with only seriousness on his face. Bucky answers with a short, quiet yeah. Just as the door was about to open, it was forced open by something on the outside. They both get in defensive stances ready to fight whatever is out there. The doors open and Steve stands in surprise.

"You seem a little defensive," Tony retracts his helmet and gives them a small glance over, "At ease, soldier. I'm not currently after you." He moves his focus from Bucky to Steve. Bucky lowers his gun further from firing position. Tony starts explaining why he followed them there, Bucky stares at Steve with squinted eyes trying not to believe Tony.

The men makeup; Steve tells off Bucky from firing at Tony. The three men walk through the damp, dark hall vigilant of everything. Tony leads them into a huge chamber with yellow tinted capsules. They each take a glimpse of the people inside the capsules realizing these are the people in the Winter Soldier Program.

On the speakers a familiar Sokovian accent starts speaking, "If it's any comfort, they all died in their sleep," Bucky looks at one of the corpses, taking in that they'd been shot in the head, "do you really think I wanted more of you?" He eyes down Bucky.

"What the hell." Bucky walks closer to where he hears the voice. Zemo grins at the men, "I am grateful to them though," Steve looks at Tony with question, "They brought you here." Steve finds his face in a control room and hurls his shield hoping to break the glass. He stands bewildered when it comes back to him with the same force he threw it with. Zemo explains that the soviets built the room to withstand the launch blast of UR-100 Rockets.

"I'm betting I could beat that-" Tony starts arguing. Zemo interrupts, "Oh, I'm sure you could, Mr. Stark. Given time, but then you'd never know why you came." As Steve starts to negotiate with the Sokovian man, a woman- No a girl walks out from behind one of the capsules. The three men stare at her in question, mainly looking at the knives in her hand.

"You're gonna make us fight her?" Steve scoffs and looks back at Zemo, "Oh no. No, no, no. You have it wrong Captain. She was the only survivor of the experiment, well, the only one we wanted to survive." Bucky and Steve look at each other in surprise and confusion.

"If you killed the others, why keep her?" Bucky speaks in a low growl. Zemo laughs smugly and claps his hands together in amusement. "Ah, Mr. Barnes! For the same reason the Russians kept you. To kill, to serve, to do the dirty work I don't want to be framed for. Besides she's much more powerful than you might see her as." The girl has an evil grin situated on her face. She tosses the knives in her hand around playfully.

"You're not here to fight with her, she's here merely for my protection," His view migrates to the young woman, "please, why don't you show Mr. Stark the video we're so excited for." She puts the knives into her holster and starts walking over to where the men stand. Her boots click on the stained concrete on her way to a small screen. She tilts her head slightly to the right and grins looking up from her dark eyebrows. Smiling, she plays the video and walks back closer to the room where Zemo sits. Bucky walks closer to Steve to get a good look at the small screen. As he does so he can feel eyes burning into the back of his head. He looks back at the girl straight into her brown eyes, intimidated, but careful not to show her. As soon as he looks back Zemo takes his chance to run out of the facility with the girl.

They leave the three alone to fight, kill each other maybe. Carefully Zemo leads her through the back exit of the facility, "Come now," He presses the button to the elevator heading for the first floor, "You'll leave me be after this, you're free to do whatever you'd like." She looks at him with disgust.

"I still have a mission to work out, WE still have a mission to work out. You're supposed to locate them so I can torture them, as they did me." She speaks with a strong Russian accent. He takes out his phone, checks the time and sighs.

"Let me make a phone call first, then I can help." The elevator opens to the cold, snowy outside. The girl goes over away from him so he can make his call. She takes out a cigarette from her breast pocket lighting it under her hand. She looks back over to Zemo and sees the man who was following her through the facility sneak up behind him. She curses under her breath walking closer to them listening in on their conversation. She hears Zemo speaking quietly to the man, "I'm sorry about your father. He seemed like a good man with a dutiful son." He takes out a gun while the man speaks to him, bringing it closer to his torso still traveling upwards.

The girl throws the cigarette out on the ground running towards the men. The foreign man and her both go to knock it out of his hand. She quickly grabs his wrists behind his back and keeps him from running.

"The living are not done with you yet," The man tells Zemo, "and for you," he stares back at her with the man struggling in her arms, "Who are you and why are you keeping him from leaving?" She huffs out and speaks, "It does not matter who I am, only that this man owes me something that only he can offer me. You are from Wakanda, yes?" He nods and studies her face,

"I overheard that you are a criminal, you kill people. You want to take this man and get what he will give to you?" She quietly agrees, "Well I cannot let you take him, he is wanted for many crimes, but since I do not have proof of your crimes I can let you go free and nobody will know you were here." She looks down at the ground, frowning, "Let me take him off of your hands? This is the only way you can get away free now." She swallows and twists Zemo's hands tightly so he winces. Throwing him over to the Wakanda man, she leaves quickly out of sight.

She walks past where the men were fighting, stumbling upon an unconscious Tony Stark. She leaves abruptly getting in the vehicle she came in.

A/N- Hey, I hope this was okay? Please give me feedback :))))