21 || Speak Of The Devil

Valor had just gotten off of a rather tough patrol, and now Izuku had to make his way back to Mei's shed. 

     Realizing he was across the city, Izuku groaned, "Aw man, I'm so far away!" He whined, sitting down on the rooftop. Mystery's voice filtered into his earpiece.

     "That's not my fault. Hurry up, my mom's almost done with dinner." Mei's altered voice said. Valor pushed himself out of a sitting position, "Mom or Mama?" He asked as he got ready to take off.

     "Mom, Mama can't cook. Well, she can, but that doesn't make it edible." Mystery joked. Izuku shrugged, "We're not in crime-fighting mode right now, why are you still using the voice changer?" He asked, only half focusing on the conversation as he hopped over roofs.

     "Meh, I like it."

     "Off topic, but you know the teacher I told you about?" Midoriya asked, slowing down his jumps so he could focus more on the conversation. Mei hummed in confirmation.

     He heard typing from the other end of the earpiece, "Eraserhead, or Shota Aizawa. He's an underground hero and it would've taken me ages to find him if it weren't for him being on the U.A. staff list."

     "Oh! I remember now!" Izuku felt like slapping himself, no wonder Eraserhead had looked so familiar, "Back when I was little me and Kacchan were at a shop when the one across the street was robbed. Eraserhead turned up and stopped 'em, though." Izuku recalled.

     "Right, well, his quirk is useless in a fight with you anyways." Mei giggled. Izuku hummed, inviting her to explain, "It's literally an erase quirk. As long as he has eyes on you, he can cancel your quirk." Izuku laughed. That was a powerful quirk, but it wouldn't give him an advantage in a fight with Izuku, so that put Midoriya at ease.

     Finally, Izuku was about halfway to Mei's house when he felt off. Like someone's eyes were on him. Skidding to a stop, Midoriya looked around.

     "Why'd you stop?" Mystery asked. Izuku didn't answer right away, instead he looked around more. Specifically in the darker areas, but he couldn't see far into them.

     After a minute or so of silence, Izuku exhaled in relief as he came to the conclusion that nobody was there, "Nothing, Mystery. Remind me to get some night vision gear."

     Before Mei could respond, and before Izuku could fully even turn around, something knocked Valor back onto the rooftop. Izuku clutched his bo staff and raised it up in defensive position, as if to block any weapons.

     Looking up, Valor saw a figure standing over him, and it looked like they were getting ready to attack again. Izuku rolls over just as a piece of fabric shoot at where he'd been. Immediately, Izuku feels a sense of familiarity. Where had he seen that before?

     Looking back at the figure, Izuku pushed himself far enough away to be out of their reach, but still be able to see them.

     Long, messy black hair and an all-black outfit gave it away immediately. Shota Aizawa. 

     "Speak of the devil and he shall appear." Mystery said with a slight laugh. Valor laughed a little as well, but a nervousness came over him. He goes to school with Eraserhead, what happens if Aizawa finds out who he is?

     "Welcome to the show, Eraserhead." Valor chuckled, trying to mask the nerves. Aizawa shook his head, "Already familiarized yourself with local heroes? Can't say you aren't putting in some effort. But, you are a vigilante."

     Valor took a mini bow, keeping an eye on Eraserhead out of the corner of his eye, "Thank you, thank you very much. Do I get an A on this quiz or does this count as extra curricular?" Maybe it was pushing it, but Valor was just trying to avoid actually fighting Aizawa. This is one of his possible future teachers. It wouldn't look good on his record if he fought a teacher.

     It wouldn't look good if you were Valor in the first place, but here we are.

     "You speak like a child." It was more of a statement than an insult. He was baiting him, Valor realized, he was trying to get information about the person behind Valor.

     Valor laughed, "You're not getting anything out of me."

     Instead of responding, Aizawa shot out his scarf at Valor. It was then that Izuku realized that Eraser had slowly been stepping closer.

     Izuku ducked under the scarf and darted foreword, sweeping his bo staff at Aizawa's legs in an attempt to knock him over. Eraserhead jumped, however, turning in the air to face Izuku. Valor moved again, trying not to waste time.

     He didn't want to be late for dinner with Mei's moms. 

     "Jump!" Mystery yelled at him. Valor listened, jumping just in time to miss another scarf shot. Izuku assumed it was for capture, and that was something Izuku did not like the idea of.

     Izuku threw out all his worries about hurting a teacher and threw a punch at Aizawa. What was he supposed to do? Not throw a punch? That's boring.

     Aizawa twisted and the punch only grazed his shirt, but this was also a good outcome. With his other hand, Izuku hit him with the end of his bo staff, throwing Aizawa backwards into a rooftop A.C. unit.

     Deciding that he wasn't going to win this fight if he stayed around (after all, Izuku hadn't had a chance to research Aizawa's fighting style and such yet.) and accepting that he'd gotten lucky so far, Izuku took the chance for escape.

     "Saw poor guy, give him a Caprisun for his troubles." Mystery said with obviously fake pity.

     Reaching into his hoodie pocket, Izuku pulled out a forgotten fruit punch Caprisun and chucked it at Eraser.

     "Have a good day, sir!" He called out before jumping down from the roof.

     Ugh, great, now I have to take the long way home and lose this guy. I just want food...

     The cut of pro hero Eraserhead, who most viewers would never have heard of, faded away to a black screen. Two voices laughing faded in. Now they were easily recognizable as Valor and Mystery.

     "So, so, how do you feel about this new enemy you've made?" Mystery's androgynous voice teased their friend. Valor groaned in an overlay of voices.

     "No, I don't really think he's much of an enemy. He's doing his job and he didn't immediately try to kill me. He didn't burn me alive, so I'd say we're the best of friends." He laughed, a tinge of exhaust in his voice, or voices, depending on how you thought about it.

     There was a sniffle from Mystery, "I'm being replaced because of your low standards, what the fuck, man."

     "Language." Valor remarked calmly. Mystery whined, "Why are you so P.C., you're a criminal. An outlaw. A bad boy." 

     "They only thing they have on me is operating as a hero without a hero license, as far as they know, I haven't used my quirk and they have no evidence of any such other reality."

     Mystery hummed, "That's a lot of fancy words, my guy."

     Valor laughed, "Yeah, yeah, hand me a Caprisun, dummy." The voices faded out into nothing, two title cards of other Valor videos being the last thing you see before the video ends.

{1255 words}
wow two in one day, not really a shocker, I just cant sleep.... oops, okay im tired now, so sorry if this sucks, im tired, k byyeee