𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 1

Monday, August 17th, 5 A.M.

Tadashi Yamaguchi, a 19 year old, is going to his first dorm-in day on his first year of college. Currently, he lives with his parents, but the college he's going to is 5 hours away, so he'll be staying in a dorm for the rest of the year.

{Third Person POV}

Ringing.

A ringing in his ears . . .

Yamaguchi wakes up to the ringing sound of his alarm. He looks at his alarm, which is titled 'First day' then turns it off.

Ah.

College.

He gets out of bed and heads to the bathroom, to which he uses the toilet, washes his hands, and starts brushing his teeth.

College. College. College.

That word continues to linger in his mind.

He comes out of the restroom and plops onto his bed, crying; thinking about all the memories he's had in this house, and how he'll miss all his friends and family.

Few minutes later, he wiped his tears, headed to his closet, and picked out a pair of white-washed jeans, a pink hoodie, and white sneakers.

"It'd suck to be uncomfortable during the train ride, so might as well wear something comfortable !"

He grabs his bag filled with things to keep him company during the ride, such as potato chips, a few bags of cheap candy, electronics, and his favorite, books.

He then came across a mirror, looked at his hair, then started laughing.

"My dorm mate would probably think I'm crazy if he saw my hair like this." [He knows his dorm mate is a male, since it's illegal to have the opposite gender dorm mate at the college he's going to.]

He quickly grabbed a comb, split his hair, and flattened it out a bit.

He smiles.

"Much better !"

He looked at the corner of his room and saw his visible suitcase, all packed and ready to go.

He looked at his phone.

5:45 A.M

"Ah, I have 15 minutes until I have to go- A little breakfast wouldn't hurt."

He grabs his suitcase, opens the door, then turns around to get one last look of his pastel room.

He inhaled deeply, walked out the room, shut the door, and began walking down the stairs, only to see his family already waiting for him with breakfast ready.

He puts his things down and walks over to his parents.

Tears form into all of their eyes as they sit down and start eating.

"I'm really gonna miss you guys." He says, teary-eyed.

"My baby's all grown up and going off to college-" His mom says with a sniffle.

"Ah c'mon honey, he's a grown man, he has a whole life ahead of him. He can't let his old folks get into his way !" His dad says in a jokingly manner.

"Hey, that's not true ! I need both of you the most, especially at times like these."

The three of them continue talking for the next fifteen minutes.

Yamaguchi chuckles and looks at his phone once more.