May 1st 1998

Lucy watched on proudly as the students returned their smiles and laughs. She turned to Harry and the Professor just as he collapsed to the floor.

"Harry?" Lucy called out. She watched him as he seemed to battle his own thoughts.

A piercing scream echoed through the hall as Lucy turned her attention to the source. A young Hufflepuff sat on the floor and covered her ears.

Another scream from behind her made her flinch. The Ravenclaw also held her hands over her ears in attempt to shield the noise.

"I know that many of you will want to fight." A loud voice echoed through Lucy's head. Voldemort's voice. She watched as each and every student began to react to his voice. "Some of you might even think to fight is wise." The Dark Lord continued.

"But this is folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter, and you will be rewarded." His voice whispered into her. "You have one hour."

Lucy looked to Hermione and then to Harry who seemed almost exhausted from it.

"What are you waiting for? Someone grab him!" Lucy heard Felicity call out.

Her lips parted in shock as the red-head pointed to Harry.

Ginny was the first to move. She stood in front of Harry and grabbed his arm. Lucy watched as Hermione, Cho and others quickly formed around him too.

Lucy instinctively stepped forward as well and faced Felicity.

"Parcivall? What the hell are you doing?" Felicity snapped at her.

A commotion at the door caused everyone to look over their shoulders as Mr. Filch entered the hall. "Students out of bed! Students in the corridor!" He screeched.

Lucy turned back to Professor McGonagall as she stood in front of all the students. "They are supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot!" she huffed at him annoyed. "As it happens, Mr. Filch, your arrival is most opportune. If you would, I would like you please, to lead Miss Eastchurch and the rest of Slytherin house, from the hall." McGonagall explained.

Lucy watched in shock as did the others.

"Exactly where is it I'll be leading 'em to ma'am?" Filch asked her.

"The dungeons would do." McGonagall declared.

Lucy flinched for a second before the Professor came to her side. "Not this one." She quickly said to Mr. Filch.

Lucy watched in shock as the others gave her deathly glares as they were led out. She dropped her head in guilt as they were removed from the hall.

The Professor turned and walked over to Harry while Lucy stood numb. They talked in hush tones before nodding at each other.

"Lucy, we have to go." Ginny said as she grabbed her hand. Lucy looked up to the calm redhead and nodded. She followed her and the others out of the hall and outside of the castle.

"We have to protect the school." Ginny explained to Lucy.

"Okay, let's do it." She answered her.

The two of them found Ginny's parents, who Lucy learned were Arthur and Molly.

"It's never too late to fight for good." Molly whispered to her as she gave her shoulders a squeeze.

Lucy returned the affection with a warm smile as they explained what they needed to do.

"Come on!" Ginny called out to Lucy as the two of them ran around the castle and found a clearing.

"Protego Maxima. Fianto Duri. Repello Inimigotum." Lucy and Ginny confidently incanted. As their magic joined the protection around the castle, strengthening it.