iii. Grow Up, Weasley

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

three  grow up, weasley

"SO, APPARENTLY, a dementor got on the train?" Taylor informs the group of girls as they venture off the train.

"Just the normal, then," says Amber.

"Why's a dementor on our train?" Talia frowns.

"Uh - I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it's looking for a mass-murderer," Kiera replies sardonically.

Rain is beginning to fall quite heavily now, and so the girls speed up a little, using their robes for coverage and lifting them over their heads to protect them from the water.

"Well yeah, but why would Black be on our train?" Taylor's voice echoes in between the clashes of thunder. Kiera's keeping her head down to shield from the rain, so she can't exactly see any of her friends - still, their raised voices are enough for her to detect where they are.

"Probably looking for Potter," says Amber. "You know what they all say about Black snitching on his parents. He's probably trying to finish the job, or something,"

"Told you that, did he?" Talia teases. Amber playfully rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, he's my best mate,"

"And I thought all the weird shit usually happened at the end of the year," Becca exclaims.

"Something probably will, don't hold your breath," Kiera says.

The girls split upon entering the Great Hall in order to get to their house tables - Kiera, Taylor and Becca heading to Ravenclaw, Amber and Talia both heading to Slytherin. Kiera feels a strong sense of deja vu that often overcame her every year when she returned to the Great Hall. The enchanted ceiling is black and cloudy tonight. Thousands of candles float in mid air over the tables, as they do, and Kiera almost feels as though she hadn't even left.

The sorting ceremony drags — mainly because Kiera doesn't know any of the first years, so she's really not interested in who ends up in which house (well, except her own, she supposes). So, whilst thats's happening, she fills Taylor and Becca in on all the Muggle football news that has occurred over the summer, stopping whenever a first year is sorted into Ravenclaw to applaud.

Another thing with Kiera — she's not just a Quidditch fan, oh no. She, as well as her brothers, all ended up following their father in his obsession with Muggle football, and all three of the Marley siblings join him in supporting his favourite team in each tournament.

Anyone who was to walk into Kiera's room would immediately recognise the fact that she's half blood. The evidence is all there, right in front of them. She's got the Quidditch team Puddlemere United's merchandise scattered around, and then on top of that, the muggle football team Manchester United's posters plastered up on her bedroom wall. She owns a Manchester United shirt that says 'MARLEY' in huge letters on the back, and below it is the number 8 (that's the day she was born — June 8th). Her brothers have the same, the numbers differentiating based on their date of birth. They also have England football shirts, and Kiera also has Puddlemere United merch – and an England Quidditch Team top. Call her obsessed, her friends do (and to be fair, she'd probably just agree with you.)