ii. Back To Reality

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

two back to reality

KIERA IS NOT HAPPY. She and Travis finish their daily run and come back home to find that, whilst their Dad had obviously been trying to sort out whatever chaos Tate had caused, Snuffles had escaped - and was now missing.

The young Marley insists on putting missing posters up everywhere around the village, but as Snuffles technically isn't their dog, Maximilian states that they can't - after all, he might have escaped to go and find his rightful owner. There's nothing they can do, now.

And so, Gianna Marley - mother of the three Marley children and wife to Maximilian, has had to come home and attempt to round up Kiera, Tate and Travis for tea, which is like trying to herd cats - especially with Kiera's outrage about losing Snuffles.

"I just think families should always eat together," says Gianna, as the rest of the Marleys gather around the table to sit down.

"Yep, the Borgias always ate together," says Maximilian sarcastically, receiving a glare from his wife. "No, your mum's right," he adds, quickly, nodding at the three children. "We should eat together,"

There's a short silence as everyone begins eating. Kiera's still sulking.

"Did you know what the loudest bang ever recorded was?" Tate speaks first, assumedly about to give his family another line of useless facts he's discovered that day. This is a common occurrence at the dinner table.

"You shutting the front door, I imagine," says Maximilian.

"Yeah, why do you always have to slam the door when you come home?" says Kiera.

"I do that?" Tate frowns.

"Yeah, the neighbours probably all think it's thunder, it's so bloody loud,"

"Anyway," Gianna interrupts, before Kiera and Tate can continue anymore with what would probably soon turn into a bicker. "How was everyone's day? Anything exciting happen?"

"Yes!" Kiera grins, her entire face brightening up. "I got Quidditch Captain for Ravenclaw!"

Gianna's face lights up with pride, and she grinned.

"Really? Well done, Ki!" she says excitedly. "That'll be brilliant! Oh, we'll have to get you a new broom, or something, so you can have a fresh start-"

"I never got a brand new broom!" Tate interrupts.

"Yeah, because you broke my old one and it's replacement by whacking Bludgers all over the place," Travis speaks up. "Serves you right,"

"Exactly," says Maximilian with a nod. "And anyway, you two have never been as enthusiastic about Quid...Quidditch..." he has to pause for a moment (he still finds the strange wizard sport difficult to pronounce) "...as Kiera. Travis always wanted something to do with dragons, and you, Tate, always wanted to blow something up, so we weren't sure what to get you, half the time - we still don't. All we know is that firework kit was a huge mistake..." he trails off, his face filling with regret at the thought.