Chapter 8: iConfessions

Chapter 8: iConfessions (updated spelling and grammar)

Original A/N: Thank you for your kind words! READ ON, MY FAVORITE PEOPLE!

FREDDIE POV:

"FREDDIKINS!" My mother's voice boomed as she lunged at me, nearly knocking me off balance in her fervent embrace. "Oh, I was beside myself with worry!"

Releasing me, she turned to Sam, enveloping her in a tight hug. "Samantha! I'm so relieved you're both safe!" she exclaimed, letting go of a visibly startled Sam.

"Um... no offense, Mrs. Benson, but I was fully prepared for you to kill me just now. I mean, if you're here, you must know..." Sam trailed off, clearly taken aback.

"Now, now, Samantha. I can't go around committing murder, especially not against my daughter-in-law," my mother replied with a touch of humor, causing Sam's eyes to widen in disbelief. Samantha Joy Puckett, or Benson now, seemed at a loss for words. Glancing at me, she could see my shocked expression mirrored her own.

"You mean... you actually... know what happened?" I managed to utter, feeling a rush of emotions.

"Of course, my Freddibear. I. Know. All," my mother declared with a threatening tone, inciting anger in Sam. Sam doesn't handle threats well. But why bother defending herself when we were inevitably heading towards annulment or divorce anyway?

"GREAT!" Sam exclaimed her tone a mix of frustration and aggression. "Then you can fill us in on the details of HOW WE FU-REAKING GOT HERE." Nice save, Sam. Too bad I had to elbow her. I nudged her in the ribs, and she jumped back, rubbing the sore spot. "OW! JESUS, BENSON!"

"Stop it," I said calmly.

"Stop freaking what?" Sam growled.

"Stop acting annoyed. She's only doing this because she thinks she knows, but she doesn't. Spencer probably blabbed about Vegas, and then she likely tracked me down. Neither she nor we know what actually happened. Everyone needs to calm down. I know you want to know, and so do I, but my mother isn't 'all-knowing'; she's just trying to get into your head. Speaking of, Mom, STOP!" I shoved my hands in my pockets and eyed them both. Simultaneously, they crossed their arms, popped their hips, and tossed back their hair. It was really creepy.

"Freddie, watch your tone or I'll let your delinquent wife beat you, then tell the judge you tripped," my mother snapped. Sam couldn't hold back her laughter, snorting before bursting into uncontrollable giggles. "What's so funny, Samantha?!"

"Sorry, Mrs. Benson, but that's the coolest thing you've ever said, especially since it involves me roughing up your 'Fweddibear'," Sam chuckled.

"Yeah, it's a bit out of character for me," my mother admitted with a laugh, patting Sam on the back. "But right now, he's YOUR Freddibear, not mine." Sam fell silent, staring down at her feet. For a moment, a brief smile flickered across her lips before her expression returned to its usual blankness.

"Let's not dwell on that. Can we just figure out how to get home?" Sam replied dryly. My mother regarded her, as if trying to decipher her thoughts behind her composed facade.

"Yes, let's focus on that. Lead the way to the computer, Samantha," she gestured for Sam to take the lead. I followed behind, hoping that returning home and reconnecting with our friends from the party would trigger memories of our lost time.

SAMS POV:

As Freddie and his mother chatted at the computer, I retreated to the bedroom to gather our belongings. The realization that I had no clue what to pack brought on a fresh wave of frustration. Opening the closet, I was taken aback by what I found hanging there. The tuxedo seemed ordinary enough, but what caught my eye was the purple calla lily boutonniere pinned to the front. It was stunning. Then, there was the dress. It looked straight out of a fairytale, far more magnificent than the picture I'd seen from Vegas. It was a full ball gown. It was strapless and fitted through the mid-waist before flowing outward. Beads and sparkles adorned the front, enhancing the fullness of the breasts, leading to the voluminous skirt that shimmered like snow. A beautiful train trailed behind. It was breathtaking. Did I really wear this? It was the kind of wedding dress any girl would dream of.