Chapter 10: iSeattle-Bound

Chapter 10: iSeattle-Bound (updated spelling and grammar)

Original A/N: Thank you for your reviews, I love them! Sorry it took me ten years to update. Also, y'all should know that I don't speak Spanish or Italian and I used a translator. Thanks!

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO USER MERRILLJOCSON! Thanks for your kind words! :)
------------------------------
FREDDIE POV:

As I observed Sam gazing out the window, a mix of beauty and trepidation adorned her features. The realization that we were heading back home marked the end of our idyllic Italian honeymoon, thrusting us into the harsh light of reality as a married couple. It was daunting, knowing we couldn't prolong our escapade any further. Despite the impending challenges, I braced myself, feeling as prepared as I could ever be. Grabbing the plane tickets I printed, a question nagged at the edges of my consciousness.

"Mom, how did we even manage to afford this trip? And why didn't my tracker alert me to your monitoring? It usually beeps." I inquired.

"It seems you returned home in the dead of night after a wild party, sending me a picture at 10:30 with you, Sam, and Carly in a state of utter inebriation. Regrettably, I only realized the severity of the situation when my shift ended at midnight, stumbling upon another image of you two at the airport, bound for Vegas. Fortunately, you held the tickets close enough for me to see the destination. I rushed home to gather funds and an overnight bag. Upon arrival, I noticed the safe was open, I noticed the absence of Grandma B's ring, her card and the $5,000 in cash we kept in there. This signaled a deeper predicament: your impromptu trip to Vegas for a wedding. I swiftly procured a ticket and followed suit. Just as I was boarding, another text arrived, it was a picture of you both at the altar, surrounded by friends. And Freddie, for what it's worth, I've never witnessed a more radiant smile on either of your faces," my mother recounted. Before I could respond, Sam interjected.

"So, how did I even afford that dress? If Freddie only had $5,000, I doubt it would cover plane tickets for all of us to get to Vegas and back, plus flying Freddie and me to Italy and paying for the hotel... It doesn't add up," Sam mused, joining our conversation.

Mom nodded, her expression serious, while I exchanged a glance with her.

"Freddie, do you happen to have the card your grandmother left for you here?" Mom asked.

"I'm not entirely sure. Sam, did you come across it while packing?" I turned to Sam, hoping for some clarity.

"I think I spotted something near our wedding picture. It should be next to the bed," she replied, gesturing toward the indicated spot. I retrieved the card and handed it to Mom.

"Oh, Freddie, my dear boy, I wish both of you had been in a more sober state for this," Mom remarked, opening the card with a sigh.

"I have an idea, though it might sound a bit foolish. Just promise you won't freak out... or kill me," I ventured cautiously.

"Okay?" they both responded in unison, their curiosity piqued yet tinged with a hint of uncertainty.

"Well, I was just gonna say that maybe..." I trailed off, but Sam jumped in to finish my thought.

"...That we should have a sober wedding?" she completed my sentence. I braced myself, half expecting her to react with annoyance. "You're going to hit me now, aren't you?" I joked, closing my eyes playfully. When I opened them, she was laughing.

I glanced at both of them, surprised by their reactions. Sam looked amused, and my mom's smile stretched from ear to ear.

"Freddikins! That's a brilliant idea!" Mom exclaimed enthusiastically.