Chapter 1 ~ Alone

Just after Seiko died, Chi buried him right beside her den, so his soul is next to her. Chi was the only one left. Life is an endless trek. At daytime she go to sleep in one of the dens in the camp. At night time she go out to search for anything to eat. Chi usually find a few cactus and stash it in the camp, hide from other animals.

Each day passes. Wake up, find food, eat food, and sleep. Few months pass. I always carve the dates down using my fingernails.

Until one day, it was Seiko's birthday. Chi sits beside where we was buried the whole day to think about all the fun times we had together.

"Hey! Chi! Stop goofing around. This is a formal restaurant." Seiko, me, mom, and dad were at Sakura Restaurant in Japan. Seiko started to forget what he said and started to goof around with me. Our parents was scolding us because this was a "formal restaurant."

We started goofing around more and then when we were eating, someone complained about all the noises we made and then we were kicked out.

Seiko and I started to run to the Sumikko Gurashi store. Almost buying everything. Our parents brought our home and then we got a quick scolding. Then we got to play some Minecraft.

The day was over meaning Seiko's birthday is over.

Chi sat in my den, praying for some hope in surviving alone.

Alone is all Chi can say. Alone in the endless desert.