Chapter: 001

Enzo

TWO WEEKS AGO...

I'm flipping through files on my desk when a soft knock sounded at the door. "Come in," I say gruffly, partly annoyed at the disturbance and partly from exhaustion.

My assistant of one week, Mina steps into my office and I don't bother looking up... until she sets a tray on the coffee table and the words start blurring on the paper. Fuck. I've been running on nothing but coffee and alcohol and it was finally taking a toll on me.

I lean back in my seat and let my eyes roam over her figure coolly. She was slender, her dark hair barely reaching past her shoulders. She looked towards me and I didn't bother hiding the fact that I was checking her out.

Her cheeks went fifty shades of pink as she met my gaze. "Do you need anything else, Mr. Coretti?"

I want you to wrap your mouth around my cock, but I don't say that. I could already imagine the tongue-lashing I'd get if Mother found out I'd fucked the help... again. She was getting sick of having to get rid of them. They always got clingy and obsessive after a night with me even after we'd both cosigned on an agreement that it would never get farther than a simple fuck.

It never always ends up that way. And you would think I'd learned my lesson after all those restraining orders and tears, but as I took in the curvy woman practically two seconds from ripping her clothes off for me, I was willing to risk it.

I open my mouth to tell her just what I needed her to do when the door is thrown open and in comes the fuckers that I didn't need right now. Malachai enters first and glances at Mina.

"What are you still doing here? Get the fuck out."

Mina's eyes widen and she scurries out just as Thing 1 and Thing 2 come prancing in. I lean into my desk massaging my temples. "I hope you have a damn good reason for barging into my fucking office like that, Malachai."

Vince and Nino beeline for the alcohol while Malachai throws a file onto my desk before falling onto the couch with a shit-eating grin on his face. "And your fucking welcome, you ungrateful prick. I had to sell half a nutsack for that," he says gesturing to the file.

I opened the file and my eyes fell on a picture of a young woman first. She had ash brown, curly hair, hazel eyes, and pink pouty lips that made her look younger than she was.

Name: Dylan Alvarez

Age: 22

Sex: Female

Date of Birth: October 24th, 1998

Height: 5′ 8

Nationality: Mexican

Occupation: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Student)

Parents: Lena Ortega-Alvarez (Mother, Deceased),

Miguel Alvarez (Father, Deceased)

Siblings: Mariana Alvarez, Zavier Alvarez

Guardian: Rosalia Ortega

My eyebrows furrow the more I read and I look at my brother with a cocked eyebrow. "What is this?"

Malachai throws a grape in the air and catches it in his mouth. "You've obviously heard the rumours going around that Cypher has risen from the dead, right?"

I look back down at the girl and then back at him, surprised.

"It's not what you think," Malachai scoffs, shaking his head to put my fears to rest. "That girl, though, is the only lead we have in finding Cypher."