Hush

It had been two weeks since you'd brought the three kids into your family. You'd finally settled into a schedule, with the three of them thankfully sleeping in their own beds. Not that you didn't mind them sneaking into yours, you simply enjoyed your time alone with your partners.

The scouts had gotten used to the three kids running around with them during laps, and seeing them at mealtimes. Everyone in the regiment knew about the three of them, which was good in case any of them ever got lost.

Reiner, Bertolt, and Annie still woke up with nightmares, not as frequently as your partners did, however, you heard many instances of one of them running into Erwin's office - which was adjacent to his room - looking for someone to comfort them.

The first few times you'd gotten up, after a while, Erwin started pulling them onto his lap and letting them help with paperwork until they calmed down or fell asleep again. You'd always wait until they'd fallen asleep to swoop in and put them back to bed so Erwin didn't wake them up with his muttering.

Yet, thankfully, today seemed to be a day where no one had experienced night terrors. Rolling over onto your side as you slowly pulled yourself from sleep, your arm brushed against someone fast asleep, laying on their back. Prying an eye open, you saw the gorgeously messy face of Hange still fast asleep.

Their mouth was slightly open, hair splayed across the pillow as Mike curled up to their side, his head resting on their chest. You stared at the sight before you as daylight shone in from the window above the bed, content to watch your partners sleep.

You had no need to get up right away, Levi and Erwin took care of morning training, your job was afternoon training with Hange or Mike, with the other watching over the kids. They tended to sleep late - the kid. Erwin and Levi always woke up at ungodly hours - so you didn't have to be up until the near afternoon.

Which was fine by you, as it gave you all the time in the world to gaze at Hange and Mike as they slept. They always looked so calm and peaceful as they slept. It was nice to see their expressions when you were alone, near any scout they were stern and tense, but around each other, they were relaxed and happy.

Gingerly, you reach your hand out and brush a few strands of hair away from Hange's mouth, leaning forwards and pressing your lips against theirs. As you pulled away, a hand caught the back of your head. Looking down, you saw Hange staring up at you, sleep still clinging to their mind.

"Good morning, pumpkin," you whisper quietly, bending down and kissing them a second time.

"Good morning to you too, boo," they murmur back as you pull away again, hovering a few inches above their face.

"Did you sleep well?" you question, keeping an eye on Mike so that you didn't wake him up.

"When I get to wake up to you? Always," they state, carding their fingers through your hair with a smile.

You tip to the side, laying down with your left hand tucked under your head to prop yourself up to face them. Your right-hand reaches out to cup the side of their face as they continue to play with your hair.

"You're very endearing when you're half asleep," you praise, gazing into their eyes with a dopey smile spread across your lips.

"I could say the same to you," they reply, tilting their head to press a kiss into the palm of your hand.

"You're just saying that," you tease playfully, brushing your thumb against their cheek.

"I'm serious, (Y/N). You make my heart flutter - even your bedhead is stunning," they compliment, shifting their hand from your hair to mirror the one you're resting on their cheek.