Chapter 1

Sebastian was tired; he didn’t get enough sleep the night before.

Danny had wanted to go clubbing and he couldn’t say no.

He should’ve known it was going to go all night once Danny started drinking.

Now he was here at school waiting for the teacher’s meeting.

School was going to start in two days and the meeting was necessary.

‘’Did you hear Sebastian?’’ Mrs. Roderick asks him.

‘’No, what?’’ Sebastian replies as he pours some coffee into his mug.

‘’We got a new principal, he’s young, well close to your age I think, and he also has a son’’. Mrs. Roderick spoke in a hushed voice and Sebastian just shrugged. He didn’t really care who his boss was, he was only the gym teacher so he spent more time out side with his students.

The clapping started as a slim brunette walked in and towards the center of the room.

‘’Thank you all very much, I don’t have much to say other than my door is always open and we are here for the kids, now please enjoy the party and have a nice day’’. The person’s voice did things to Sebastian, things only one person’s voice used to do a while back, but it couldn’t be. No, Aidan left him years ago, fuck he left right after high school finished.

He went around, getting a better look at the principal who was standing with a fifteen-year-old boy; both smiling while they were talking.

What made Sebastian stop wasn’t the smiles, the boy or even Mrs. Roderick’s voice calling his name, no it was the man standing there.

The same color hair, same eyes only older and mature.

He recognized the man who had his heart and gave it back.

Who had left him without so much as an explanation.

‘’Uh dad, why is that man glaring at you?’’ The boy’s voice snapped Sebastian out of his painful memories.

‘’I don’t know, maybe he wanted my j-‘’. Aidan began to say as he turned to look at the glaring man, but stopped mid-sentence.

He was speechless as he stared at Sebastian; he still looked good as he always did.

Part of Aidan wanted to go up to him and ravish him with kisses but Sebastian’s glare told him he hated him.

‘’Mr. Wright hi, I’m sure we can put our past behind and try to get along’’. Aidan drawled slowly as he looked at his son then Sebastian.

Sebastian understood that tone of voice, his son didn’t know about Aidan’s past.

He looked at the boy standing there, he looked to be around fifteen or sixteen. That just pissed him off more. He and Aidan dated all through high school and on graduation day, Aidan just picked up and left. That was eight years ago.

‘’So this is your son?’’ Sebastian questions  as he tries to control his anger.

‘’Yes, this is Brody Rosewood’’. Aidan wraps his arm around his son, showing how proud he was of him.

‘’You two know each other?’’ Brody asks both men as they stare at each other.

‘’We went to high school together, I didn’t think I’d bump into you here’’. Aidan frowns; he really didn’t think Sebastian would come back to their town.

Sebastian just shrugs his shoulders.

‘’I didn’t think you of all people would come back here either, but here you are. You’re back, and with a son, where’s the missus?’’ Aidan flinches at Sebastian’s tone.

‘’Dad isn’t married’’. Brody frowns, this was getting ridiculous and this man was starting to piss him off.

‘’Dad, we have to go if we want to get things unpacked’’. Brody states as Sebastian continues glaring at his dad.

‘’Yeah let’s go, I’ll see you around school Mr. Wright’’. Aidan pipes as he offers a small smile to the glaring man.

Sebastian stood there, watching his new boss and his son walk away from him.

Well this is going to be an interesting year.

Aidan still took his breath away, and he hated him for that.

~*~*~*~*

Aidan got in his land rover and waited for his son to buckle himself up.

He looked at the door and sighed, he hated how Sebastian still made his heart beat faster; even when he was glaring at him.

He was still very much in love with him, and he knew Seb hated him.

He couldn’t blame him, they had planned to go to college together, graduate, get married and then adopt kids.

Circumstances changed and Aidan went to NYC, without a single explanation for Sebastian.

He tried to call him, god knows he did but every time he called, he cowardly hung up the phone.

The damage was done and he lost his only chance at love. He tried to date but every man he saw never made him feel the way Sebastian did.

He was ruined for other men.

‘’Dad, are you going to be ok?’’ Brody’s worried voice spoke and Aidan turned to look at him.

‘’Yeah, why would you ask that?’’ Brody rolls his eyes.

‘’Well, it’s been like five minutes and we’re still parked here’’. He points out and Aidan blushes as he starts his SUV.

As he drove to their new house, he was still deep in thought.

Could he be able to work with Sebastian? It had only taken one look to know he was still very much in love with Seb.

Had he made a good choice of moving him and his son to this place?

‘’Brody, you think we made the right choice moving here?’’ Aidan questions his son as he pulls into his driveway.

‘’Dad, this town is quiet. New York was getting on my nerves so yes we made the right choice, why? Are you having second thoughts?’’ He narrows his eyes at his dad, he likes it here but if his dad wasn’t happy he wouldn’t complain if they had to move back to the big apple.

Aidan studies his son, he couldn’t keep moving him all over the place just because he didn’t feel comfortable, he just had to suck it up and deal with it.

He just had to avoid Sebastian as much as possible.