Chapter 6

Aidan didn’t know how long he had been on that little corner, sobbing, until a he heard a voice call out to him. ‘’Dad, what’s wrong?’’ Brody was panicking as he watched his dad curled on the floor, crying and hugging his legs. Brody had never seen this side of his father before. He was always kept together, always the strong one and now he was slumped against the wall and bawling. ‘’Dad, answer me what’s going on, what happened?’’ He asks as he plops down next to his father. ‘’I lost him.’’ Was all Aidan replied, over and over again. ‘’Who? Who’d you lose?’’ Brody pushed for more information, distraught about his father’s suffering. ‘’Sebastian I lost him back then and I’ve lost him again, today.’’ Aidan sniffed, answering Brody. Ate first, he wasn’t going to tell his son anything but what was the point on hiding this? Maybe confessing everything would help him move on. ‘’Sebastian, wait you’re talking about Coach Wright?’’ Brody furrowed his eyebrows at his father’s confession. He knew there was something there, but he wasn’t really expecting to hear that his dad and Mr. Wright were boyfriends. He just thought it was some sort of falling out between best friends. ‘’Why do you say you lost him, what all happened?’’ Brody questioned his dad while helping him up and guiding him to the couch. ‘’Back then I made an important decision without him and now I’m not sure why. I mean I told him the truth but he still feels betrayed and I’m not sure how to make it right.’’ Aidan explained as he sighed. He didn’t know what he was supposed to do. ‘’Did you ask him to forgive you?’’ Brody asked while taking a seat next to him. Aidan wiped his eyes and stared into space. Did he apologize? Now that he thought about it, all he remembered doing was explaining his reasons to Sebastian. ‘’I don’t think I did. You think it would've changed something if I did?’’ Aidan felt stupid talking about his love life with his teen son but honestly he hadn’t been on a date in so long that he didn’t know any of the rules or the rules of getting the love of your life back, in his case.

Aidan needed someone to talk to and his son was the only one he trusted. His family disowned him when he made the decision to raise Brody so him and his son were alone.

‘’It might. My question is do you really love him? Do you want to spend the rest of your life with him?’’ Brody stared into his dad’s eyes and saw the answer as clear as day. His father did really love the Coach and very much wanted to spend the rest of his life with him. ‘’Yes but I doubt it’s that easy.’’ Aidan grumbles as he leans down onto the couch and closes his eyes. ‘’Let me help you dad. Don’t worry I won’t do anything bad or illegal, just trust me.’’ Brody gives his dad a reassuring smile causing him to smile back and nod to his son yet prayed he wasn't making a mistake by involving Brody. However he was desperate and his desperation caused common sense to fly out the window. ~*~*~*~**~*~ Sebastian was pacing back and forth in his small living room, mad as hell at Aidan for making that decision for him. However, deep down, he knew back then he wasn’t ready to be a father, he just needed for Aidan to know.

He had it planned out; graduate high school, go to college, party, graduate college, get jobs, get married and then a few years after they were married, it would be time to adopt a baby.

With his planning, they would have a toddler running around in their home with the white picket fence by this time. Aidan went and did everything in reverse; he graduated high school, became a father while attending college and now, had a job and a son. Maybe he pushed Aidan away from him with all the talk about not wanting kids until at least a few years after graduating college. Was it his fault that all of this had happened? Sebastian was still pissed. Aidan should’ve came to him with this and let him decide whether he was ready or not. Sebastian groaned even more. He was acting as though this whole situation was about him when it involved Aidan and Brody also. He remembered in detail what Aidan said earlier during their confrontation. ‘’Because if I’d seen you, even for a minute I would have chosen you and ignore the rest, I would’ve picked you instead of him and I wanted to do the right thing.’’

Sebastian knew that he probably would’ve tried to convince Aidan to change his mind. He would’ve asked Aidan to stay with him instead and go to college, hell he probably could’ve convinced Aidan the kid would be better off in foster care. What did that say about him? Sebastian was selfish and only wanted Aidan to himself back then.

So sharing him with a kid would’ve destroyed their relationship and maybe, just maybe, Aidan did do the right thing by making the decision on his own. Though it still hurt, Sebastian now, somehow, understood Aidan’s decision. He did a selfless act. He helped a boy that needed a father and left Sebastian so Sebastian could have the college life he talked about all the time. Did Aidan do something for him? Was all of this for him? Or was everything he decided for those involved in the situation? Sebastian huffed as he sat in his recliner. Aidan still loved him; he could see it in Aidan’s eyes when he was at his house earlier. Aidan still wanted him, just as much as Sebastian wanted lusted for him. However, how could they get past all this? Would they be able to pick up where they left off? What about Brody? Would he boy be ok with his dad dating his Coach? Could they even start something at this point in their lives? Sebastian knew he wanted to, God knew he wanted to be with Aidan day and night. He wanted them to live together and wake up every day next to Aidan. He wanted them go to work together and talk about their day over peaceful dinners. Maybe get married and adopt another kid but did Aidan wish for the same things or did he just lust after Sebastian. No, no, no. He saw in Aidan’s eyes that he still loved him and still wanted him. Sebastian was exhausted and decided to go just to bed. Maybe they could start slow and just talk.